Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheIrons84
    replied
    I've had three V's, and the only issue I've had is the battery seeming to lose its seat and cause connectivity issues. Like a hard bump on something I walk past or any time it takes a slight whack..it beeps like it was just turned on.

Leave a comment:

• whatsinyourpockets.com
    replied
    We must be lucky, very few V issues department wide.

Leave a comment:

• johnsb
    replied
    Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
    I have a min III on my belt right now Had it since new. It has been much more reliable than all of the V's we bought. 12 out of the 15 we bought have been back to depot for repair and half the chargers have been replaced.

We are now buying the swissphones & Apollo's
    I'm not a huge fan of the Swissphones, I wish they had a reset button like the Minitors, and an easier on/off button. And their clips are way too weak. I wish they had a variable alert tone too. As much as all these pagers cost, they should have more features.

Leave a comment:

• zachtheexplorer
    replied
    Originally posted by CGITCH View Post
    I must have gotten lucky...I have heard some pretty bad things about them. When I was first issued it I thought you have to be kidding me, this P.O.S., but its stood up well, and I abuse stuff terribly (Ask my cell phone(s))
    I have a 3 too and had no issues except a the selector knob broke but that has been fixed

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by CGITCH View Post
    I wish I could put a picture of my III up here. As of right now both knobs are gone (Replay button fixed with an 8/32 screw, black tape, and super glue). There is a few splotches of random colored paint and random pieces cracked out of it. Hasn't missed a call yet, but it does delay about two seconds behind the V's.

Now that makes no sense... You get the page 2 seconds AFTER the V's? As in the voice is delayed, or it just opens up later in the page tones?

Leave a comment:

• CGITCH
    replied
    I wish I could put a picture of my III up here. As of right now both knobs are gone (Replay button fixed with an 8/32 screw, black tape, and super glue). There is a few splotches of random colored paint and random pieces cracked out of it. Hasn't missed a call yet, but it does delay about two seconds behind the V's.

Leave a comment:

• voyager9
    replied
    Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
    I believe that is the first time I saw "Good" and "Minitor III" used in the same sentence.
    Unless also used with the word "Riddance"

Leave a comment:

• Deliman1016
    replied
    Funny , sad and true

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
    I believe that is the first time I saw "Good" and "Minitor III" used in the same sentence.
    This is funny sad and true!

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Branner View Post
    If you have questions about your Minitor (any generation II, III, IV or V) or are looking for a better solution call USAlert (1 800 TWO TONE). You will find real people with real answers. These people designed the Minitor II and also the WatchDog. In my opinion "two tone" is all American and it time to bring it back home.
    Pretty sad Don. If a person posts this in a forum like this, don't you think a reputable person would include that they a salesperson, or otherwise a part of that company?

Not that you would be in any way biased...

Not to mention the violation of the TOS for this board either.

Leave a comment:

• Bushwhacker
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Branner View Post
    The Minitor V squeal is microphonics caused by a mechanical link between the speakers vibration and the receivers VCO. Usually it requires disassembly and replacement of the foam pads behind the speaker and a few other places.

If you are experiencing degrading audio it is probably due to metal filings in the speaker causing severe performance degradation. Difficult to fix and usually requires taking to a decent repair facility. The problem is the speaker usually needs replacing due to metal collection in the speakers voice coil. Cleaning only removes what is in front of the speaker and not what was sucked up into the voice coil. Sorry for that bad news.

As far as the narrowband migration you can find an alternative to the Minitor V. The WatchDog from USAlert is a true narrowband designed product and not one that was half baked to work in both environments. The Minitor V is manufactured in Taiwan. I am sure the Taiwanese engineers know all about two tone voice paging. Also, if you are or have experienced false alerting you now know why.

If you have questions about your Minitor (any generation II, III, IV or V) or are looking for a better solution call USAlert (1 800 TWO TONE). You will find real people with real answers. These people designed the Minitor II and also the WatchDog. In my opinion "two tone" is all American and it time to bring it back home.
    Don't let the sales rep fool you, The Monitor V's do have the ability to transfer to Narrow-band. They Do have be sent back to the factory, expensive yes, more costly than a new pager, Hello-no.

Leave a comment:

• Don Branner
    replied
    The Minitor V squeal is microphonics caused by a mechanical link between the speakers vibration and the receivers VCO. Usually it requires disassembly and replacement of the foam pads behind the speaker and a few other places.

If you are experiencing degrading audio it is probably due to metal filings in the speaker causing severe performance degradation. Difficult to fix and usually requires taking to a decent repair facility. The problem is the speaker usually needs replacing due to metal collection in the speakers voice coil. Cleaning only removes what is in front of the speaker and not what was sucked up into the voice coil. Sorry for that bad news.

As far as the narrowband migration you can find an alternative to the Minitor V. The WatchDog from USAlert is a true narrowband designed product and not one that was half baked to work in both environments. The Minitor V is manufactured in Taiwan. I am sure the Taiwanese engineers know all about two tone voice paging. Also, if you are or have experienced false alerting you now know why.

Leave a comment:

• Bushwhacker
    replied
    Originally posted by JSMV72 View Post
    Just a thought about the volume. We have one member of our dept.that wears his to work. He is a machinist, and the unit fills up with metal fines and the volume cuts way down. We sent it in once and since have just taken it apart, clean it and it's good to go.
    You have successfully destroyed the intrinsically Safety rating of that pager.

Leave a comment:

• JSMV72
    replied
    Just a thought about the volume. We have one member of our dept.that wears his to work. He is a machinist, and the unit fills up with metal fines and the volume cuts way down. We sent it in once and since have just taken it apart, clean it and it's good to go.

Leave a comment:

• MZFD216
    replied
    The V's do have a recall on them for the squealing issue. We have sent several back to be fixed.

Leave a comment:

• ChathamVFD9921
    replied
    Ive had the same V for 3 years now and it still works like a charm. It occasionally changes the way it charges though which is weird (ie sound sit makes, what the light does), but it never runs out of battery and can last 2-3 days easy. It only goes static around electronics, which is to be expected.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X