X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTFIRE80 View Post
    Alternative to the Minitor...

http://apollowireless.com/WebPage.js...=820&ipid=1804

We use both the voice and alphanumeric and have had minimal issues, and we're working on about 4 years now. That said, NOTHING beats the Minitor II!!!
    I carry a VP200? I think is the model. Good pager, no complaints, you don't see too many Apollos users. For a dual channel voice store pager at about half the price of the Minitor V I don't see how you can beat it.

Comment

Minitor II, III, IV will all work with narrowbanding. The issues will come with deep fringe coverage, but most users are seeing little if any difference. The other issue will be with adjacent channel users, but that is quite a way off.

If your department does not believe, and has fallen for a salespersons line, please consider donating the old ones to fire departments that cannot afford pagers. Mine is one, as well as many others, I can help you find needy users.

Comment

I have a min III on my belt right now Had it since new. It has been much more reliable than all of the V's we bought. 12 out of the 15 we bought have been back to depot for repair and half the chargers have been replaced.

We are now buying the swissphones & Apollo's

Comment

And............

We went to Alpha-Numeric (Motorola Advisor Gold) in the Mid 90s and never looked back.......... I don't see us ever going to a Voice Pager again.......
          Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
          In memory of
          Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
          Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by TylerParks320 View Post
            i have had my minitor v for the past year and this is the secont time i have to send it off. the volume on it keeps gettin lower and lower even though its turned all the way up. eventually it gets so low you dont even hear the tones. when i first got the v it was very loud and eventually it the volume gets lower and lower. i sent it off and when i came back it was very loud again but now its lower again. anybody got any ideas or has anyone else had this problkem. or any help on this problem.
            Not for the V,but I KNOW a CURE. Swissphone! I'm HARD on pagers and I've had a swissphone for over 5 yrs now. It's ONE tough pager. T.C.
            Last edited by Rescue101; 12-02-2010, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Also forgot to mention... In addition to our normal paging system we are now also using a text message sent from dispatch direct to your cell phone. (nature of call / address) We absolutely love it and if I remember right, it only cost the county about $5000 to set it up. If you ask me it was well worth the money for our area.

Comment

i agree the older minitor2-3-4 where better pagers than the 5, we have 3 apollo 200 pro and have been excelent no prob at all. as for text alerts i think they are great as second way of getting notified and that you get the call info but they are not reliable enough yet to go as stand alone with no voice pager. mabe some day but ma bell has some work to do before i will trust a text and text only
                Randy Meyer Chief S.T.F.P.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
                  Not for the V,but I KNOW a CURE. Swissphone! I;m HARD on pagers and I've had a swissphone for over 5 yrs now. It's ONE tough pager. T.C.
                  Can you give me a little more info on that Swiss Pager? I had looked at them for my officers, if i remember right can't they scan 4 channels? I would just like to hear from someone that has had one on their hip.
                  Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Comment

I Know they will do two,can't remember about more. I've had mine for 6-7 yrs now and it has been VERY reliable. you can get a couple days on a charge and if you get the software package and cable you can program them yourself. Contact Swissphone direct if you need more technical info,product support is GOOD. We get ours from P&W if I remember correctly. I can check if needed. T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
                      I Know they will do two,can't remember about more. I've had mine for 6-7 yrs now and it has been VERY reliable. you can get a couple days on a charge and if you get the software package and cable you can program them yourself. Contact Swissphone direct if you need more technical info,product support is GOOD. We get ours from P&W if I remember correctly. I can check if needed. T.C.
                      User friendly is my only other question, but other than that Nice that will work for me, thanks for the info T.C.
                      Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Comment

Once you remember WHICH button to push in WHICH sequence,they are VERY user friendly. I only use one button on mine,the reset button. takes you a minute the first couple times you do it but they are pretty goof proof. T.C.

Comment

remember, using Commercial paging, commercial text services through your cell phone, etc, for primary alerting (IE, getting word out that there is a call) does not comply with NFPA or ISO rules.

One of the quickest ways to ruin a ISO rating!
                          Last edited by LVFD301; 12-13-2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Had the same problem with the Minitor V. I took it apart and cleaned the felt screen that protected the speaker. Apparently the magnet from the speaker attracted all sorts of metal dust and muffled the speaker. I cleaned it and it works perfect now.

Just a thought.

Will

Comment

pretty much everyone at our station has the minitor V an we still have a couple sca Sceptars around which is what I have an its been through some stuff but it actually gets better reception than the V. the town next to us uses Nova and they have had barely any problems with those also.

Comment

Originally posted by TylerParks320 View Post
                                i have had my minitor v for the past year and this is the secont time i have to send it off. the volume on it keeps gettin lower and lower even though its turned all the way up. eventually it gets so low you dont even hear the tones. when i first got the v it was very loud and eventually it the volume gets lower and lower. i sent it off and when i came back it was very loud again but now its lower again. anybody got any ideas or has anyone else had this problkem. or any help on this problem.

Replace the battery!
                                Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse