• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeputyMarshal
    replied
    Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Any other forum would have banned the IP of the offender by now
    FWIW, IP banning isn't particularly effective. The notion that an IP is unique to a particular user is erroneous. You can ban IPs all day long and still not prevent a given problem user from posting and end up unintentionally blocking a slew of innocent users in the process.

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Nope, sorry. I dont feel that an "atta boy" is either warranted nor deserved. Why? Do I get praise for doing a basic function of my job? HELL NO! I get praise for going above and beyond; and even then it's only if the boss finds out. I'll even take it one step further, and say that the WT are a bunch of dumb asses, for allowing this shiznit to continue- Any other forum would have banned the IP of the offender by now- it is so blatently obvious that it's the same person....You know WT, kind of like beergod, cdevoe, crow bar head......And besides, they get notified by email.....and I betcha on weekends their emails bounce to a smartphone, where they then jump on a remote work access session.

The only thing they have deleted faster is where someone talks bad about Kentland.

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    There is no automated response. It requires manually looking at each one and manually taking action, then manually responding to the message.

They have always been quick to delete spam. That is the only thing they actually do quickly. In fact, that is the only thing they do at all more or less. I would hope they take care of it quickly, it's not like they're busy doing anything else that would normally be required of forum administrators.

Leave a comment:

• BULL321
    replied
    Originally posted by hwoods View Post
    2 more Cell Phone spams this morning...... I'm thinking of putting their names, emails, and phone numbers on the men's room wall at the Truck Stop, maybe they'll get som business that way.......
    I saw those this morning and reported them also. I think I might hand that contact info out the the fine women and men that are staying with us at the County Hotel and see if the Spam company can accept collect phone calls.

Leave a comment:

• JayDudley
    replied
    Robot

I tend to think the initial response is an automated response. They do back up their autos with a later message.

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    I reported the telephone ones overnight - not sure what time, between 1230-2:30AM probably, but I guess they missed a couple. I mentioned multiple forums in my reported post thingy, but I gave up on reporting them all separately because I kept getting the "you can't post within 60 seconds" error message.

The PM from WT came at 5:19 (8 eastern), so they're checking emails first thing they're in the office - hey and on a Saturday, too!

Are the thank you's automated? hmmmm

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    And.......

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Whatever anyone thinks of the WT, they're always quick to handle spam reports and never without a "Thank you" PM.

Well, unless the spammer is CaptSpam or CaptSpamJunior but that's another issue...
    2 more Cell Phone spams this morning...... I'm thinking of putting their names, emails, and phone numbers on the men's room wall at the Truck Stop, maybe they'll get som business that way.......

Leave a comment:

• DeputyMarshal
    replied
    Whatever anyone thinks of the WT, they're always quick to handle spam reports and never without a "Thank you" PM.

Well, unless the spammer is CaptSpam or CaptSpamJunior but that's another issue...

Leave a comment:

• Dickey
    replied
    Hmmm......I'm impressed.

Leave a comment:

• ridebmxnc
    replied
    Originally posted by BLSboy View Post
    She lies. Nothing but lies.
    idk... i heard her mom said the same thing...

Leave a comment:

• BLSboy
    replied
    Originally posted by johnny46 View Post
    That's what she said.
    She lies. Nothing but lies.

Leave a comment:

• johnny46
    replied
    Originally posted by snowball View Post
    You are so good.
    That's what she said.

Leave a comment:

• snowball
    replied
    Originally posted by johnny46 View Post
    By good, do you mean really obsessive?
    You are so good.

Leave a comment:

• johnny46
    replied
    By good, do you mean really obsessive?

Leave a comment:

• mtg55
    replied
    Hey man, when Harve speaks, people listen!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X