• Originally posted by JJR512 View Post
    No. I'm #512.
    On WHICH list? T.C.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
      On WHICH list? T.C.
      On my list.
      -Justin J. "JJR512" Rebbert

The comments and opinions I express are solely my own and do not necessarily represent those of any employer or volunteer organization with which I am associated. Nobody is responsible for anything I say other than I alone.

Comment

• Don't let anyone bully you into not asking questions when you don't know something.

When you stop asking questions and looking for more knowledge in this job it is time to move on.

My Chief and I (He has been doing it since 1973 and was in the first Paramedic class in the state EVER and also has a list of certs as long as my arm, I have been since 1992) took Driver Operator Engine and Aerial this year even though we have each been operating pumpers since we started and I have been Engineer on aerial for 3 years.

Why?? Because we wanted to learn all the ins and outs of the job and earn the Cert so we can pass on the knowledge to others on our department.

My point is never stop learning or looking for more knowledge!
        I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
        "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Comment

• 1835Wayne, thank you.

I hope I never stop learning. Whether it's about firefighting, or EMS, or photography, or astronomy, or whatever. I have said that my main reason for wanting to win the lottery is so that I can have the freedom to take whatever classes I want in whatever subjects I'm interested in, for the rest of my life, always finding something new to learn about.

The comments and opinions I express are solely my own and do not necessarily represent those of any employer or volunteer organization with which I am associated. Nobody is responsible for anything I say other than I alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJR512 View Post
            I have said that my main reason for wanting to win the lottery...
            If I won the lottery there wouldn't be time for classes...would be too busy stuffing dollar bills into some blonde, oriental stripper's thong in Montreal, eh?

Comment

• Not even gonna make any comments about strippers in Montreal... except some of them used to know me by name.
              Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
                Not even gonna make any comments about strippers in Montreal... except some of them used to know me by name.
                Pssst! SOME of them still do.,hehe T.C.

Comment

• Originally Posted by LaFireEducator
                  Not even gonna make any comments about strippers in Montreal... except some of them used to know me by name.
                  Posted by Rescue101
                  Pssst! SOME of them still do.,hehe T.C.
                  Yes... they call him the cheap bahstid who tipped lousy for lap dances!
                  ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                  Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

• I may be a lousy fireman but have always been one hell of a tippa'.
                    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
                      Mr. Goojeans ? You had a no-lapdance policy with your picture on the dressing room wall. I remember you. I was a lengerie wrangler there.
                      IAFF

Comment

• Originally posted by pvfd27 View Post
                        If I won the lottery there wouldn't be time for classes...would be too busy stuffing dollar bills into some blonde, oriental stripper's thong in Montreal, eh?
                        I'm glad to see someone has their priorities straight!

Comment

• Originally posted by snowball View Post
                          mr. Goojeans ? You had a no-lapdance policy with your picture on the dressing room wall. I remember you. I was a lengerie wrangler there.
                          rotflmao!!!
                          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

• For the record, the magazine was FireRescue Magazine, and the article is replicated here: http://www.firefighternation.com/pro...ward-county-md

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X