• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-Tech 8 Titan K or Fusion???

Please let me know what yall think?

Thanks in advance!

Before someone comes in and tells you to search;
    I have tried on both the titans and fusions, never used On Da Job, but only tried them on for a minute or two and the Titans (IMO) have more dexterity and feel better. I'm actually going to order a pair now that The Fire Store has free shipping for a few days

Comment

Wish I knew about the free shipping. I got a pair of Titan K last week, didn't like the fit/feel at first but a day or so of putting them on, stretching out my fingers, beating them around, taking them off and play-fighting my Corgi with them they feel great and broke in to be really comfortable.

Haven't used them yet at work, but as far as fit they're good, finish though seems inconsistent glove to glove, otherwise I look forward to using them.

BTW have not used or seem the Fusion, so sorry I can't give a comparison.

Comment

Titan.....
        HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Whatever my department issues to me.

Couldn't resist.
          Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

I have used all of the protech gloves and am very happy with them all. The protech 8's were great loved those gloves too bad they don't make them anymore or thats all i would be wearing. I like the titan and titan k's both great gloves. The only complaint would be they are hard to get on and off when wet. Now I have been using the fusion's since they came out and am very happy with them. They may seem like the are a little more bulky at first but they break in nice and i don't have any issues with them at all. And the good thing is you can almost get two pairs of them for the price of the Titan k's. I also have a pair of the blaze fighters and they are very good gloves as well. I have never worn protechs X glove if anyone else has use them let me know what you think. Also I was wondering if the super glove is worth the hype?

Comment

And.............

Gloves are for Sissies.......
              Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
              In memory of
              Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
              Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

You tell 'em Harve...
                HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

So are hoods.....

Comment

Well I went and ahead and bought the Titan K's will let you guys know what I think, Thanks for the replies!

Comment

I like the Shelby brand of gloves.
                      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Cut a pair of these gloves open and look at the liner, then decide if these are the gloves you want protecting your hands.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Dragon Fire Alpha X. Comfortable, good dexterity, and I feel they offer more protection than the Pro-Tech's.
                          "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

I have both the Protech 8 Titan and Fusion, I have used them both is actual fire incidents and live fire training. They have both served me well. I do like the fit and feel of the Fusions better, especially donning and doffing when wet.

I also own the gloves Chenzo mentioned the Dragon Fire Alpha X and they are a fine glove too. I have used them in training fires and they too have served me well.

Gloves are a very personal thing. You need to find a pair of gloves that fit you well, offer some durability, and of course the protection you need.

Good luck if you don't have the size of hand, or length of fingers, that all glove manufacturers have decided are "Normal."
                            Crazy, but that's how it goes
                            Millions of people living as foes
                            Maybe it's not too late
                            To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
                              I have both the Protech 8 Titan and Fusion, I have used them both is actual fire incidents and live fire training. They have both served me well. I do like the fit and feel of the Fusions better, especially donning and doffing when wet.

I also own the gloves Chenzo mentioned the Dragon Fire Alpha X and they are a fine glove too. I have used them in training fires and they too have served me well.

Gloves are a very personal thing. You need to find a pair of gloves that fit you well, offer some durability, and of course the protection you need.

Good luck if you don't have the size of hand, or length of fingers, that all glove manufacturers have decided are "Normal."
                              Have you had better luck with the new Pro-Techs vs the old ones? I just can't get over seeing some of the old ones all cut to hell and burned up to feel comfortable using them. Any heat related issues with them? Hands getting burned or incredibly hot?
                              "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X