X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief_Roy
    replied
    Originally posted by engineeremtp View Post
    Everyone of us can learn something here if someone that's "in the know" about this situation can shed a little light for the rest of us.

Is the guy a complete *********, thinking he was going to turn the department upside down in two years? I get the feeling that may be what the situation is ( or was ).

I believe, as a whole, the department knows that things need to change-just not as fast as an outsider wanted it to.
    I get the feeling that's what happened too. The guy came in and tried to implement some massive changes and when guys started complaining the chief let him sink. But if that's the case, is it a bad thing? This department just suffered a massive loss, a loss the investigation showed was largely due to, among other things, poor training. It sounds like the place definitely needed to be turned upside down...and fast. Being an outsider should have nothing to do with it, but I certainly recognize that's often not the case.

Leave a comment:

• EastKyFF
    replied
    It's a tough situation. Imagine the pressure of coming in on the heels of a 9-LODD incident and being told to revamp the training program. You know you'll meet resistance; do you risk a backlash and proceed as you know you should, or do you try to upgrade things more gradually and catch heat for moving too slowly?

There's probably plenty of blame for both sides. Everybody in the situation just needs to remember how important it is to avoid another incident like the Sofa Super Store and do their best to improve things.

Leave a comment:

• engineeremtp
    replied
    Everyone of us can learn something here if someone that's "in the know" about this situation can shed a little light for the rest of us.

Is the guy a complete *********, thinking he was going to turn the department upside down in two years? I get the feeling that may be what the situation is ( or was ).

I believe, as a whole, the department knows that things need to change-just not as fast as an outsider wanted it to.

Leave a comment:

• RFDGloWorm
    started a topic Charleston FD; Training Chief Quits "Under Duress"

Charleston FD; Training Chief Quits "Under Duress"

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...g-chief-quits/

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader