• Show
Clear All

• Welding Helmet

What are your thoughts?
    Leather or plastic?
    Traditional or handheld?
    #9 tint or #10?
    Flip lense or auto darken?

This is for a research project for school and I need input from people who don't give a $hit. Thank you.
    IAFF

Well, you're in luck! Cuz I really, really don't give a $hit!

I'm gonna have to say Leather. Makes me look like such a bad as$.
    Traditional, of course. Goes with the whole bad as$ look.
    #10. That way no one can see my eyes, and it adds to the mystery/badas$ery!
    Flip lense, so I can look super awesome cool flipping it down over my eyes.

On a serious note, if you're gonna weld, where a damn helmet. I burned the **** outta my eyes tacking something because I couldn't find my helmet and just said the hell with it, and welded anyway.
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

Gotta go plastic, auto darking, with an lens inset in it. Spend the extra and get the cool stickers on it.

Comment

Goggles. The round kind.
        -Justin J. "JJR512" Rebbert

The comments and opinions I express are solely my own and do not necessarily represent those of any employer or volunteer organization with which I am associated. Nobody is responsible for anything I say other than I alone.

Comment

Originally posted by snowball View Post
          What are your thoughts?
          Leather or plastic?
          Traditional or handheld?
          #9 tint or #10?
          Flip lense or auto darken?

This is for a research project for school and I need input from people who don't give a $hit. Thank you.
          Whatcha welding Sno? A PUP corral? That would be a Huntsman with auto darkening adjustable 9-14. T.c.
          Last edited by Rescue101; 11-14-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
            Whatcha welding Sno? A PUP corral? That would be a Huntsman with auro darkening adjustable 9-14. T.c.
            I have a Huntsman #9tint with no flip lens. I used to think it was cool till I got drilled in the eye with some slag from 7014 jet rod. I was stitching smokestacks way back when.
            IAFF

Comment

I have a band around my welding helmet, with extra rods, for easy reach.....
              "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Hell... you guys are worrying about the wrong stuff.

The helmet doesn't matter as long as you have a small satellite TV monitor inside so you can keep from getting bored.

I call it my heads up display.
                HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
                  I have a band around my welding helmet, with extra rods, for easy reach.....
                  As do I! along with the extra rods, I have a Garrity Light. I don't know why as a flashlight is utterly @#$&^$%^ useless on a welding helmet, but it makes the white leather look soo much cooler!

I was not drinking coffee this time. See? I'm learning.....
                  Matt G.
                  Battalion Chief
                  IACOJ-Member
                  FTM-PTB

Comment

I was not drinking coffee this time.

Then a submit to you that your are not really awake and should go back to bed immediatley.
                    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

I'll have to see which kind I can get cheaper on Ebay.......
                      RK
                      cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by PaladinKnight View Post
                        Then a submit to you that your are not really awake and should go back to bed immediatley.
                        Wow, I started freakin out when you mentioned that.....trippy, man.
                        Matt G.
                        Battalion Chief
                        IACOJ-Member
                        FTM-PTB

Comment

Do I have to wear my employeer issued welding helmet, or can I buy my own?

What type of helmet are the Europeans welding with?
                          "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Any suggestions on how to paint one of those leather welding helmets?

Also, if I take the ratchet out will it be in violation of OSHA rules?
                            I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

The old timers used to smoke in their welding helmets I hear.
                              IAFF

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X