Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

probie with leather

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by snowball View Post
    Just grab the NFPA book, it's there in the bottom of the birdcage.
    They didn't call me "phone book matty" for nothin. No one ever calls the SPCA for smackin this kinda pup.....
    Matt G.
    Battalion Chief
    IACOJ-Member
    FTM-PTB

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by mtg55 View Post
      They didn't call me "phone book matty" for nothin. No one ever calls the SPCA for smackin this kinda pup.....
      Oww,that's gonna leave a mark,hehe T.C.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by PaladinKnight View Post
        Seriously, does this mean you melted a plastic/fiberglass/composite?

        And you survived?
        It did not melt completely. I was a Bullard Firedome and it got hot enough to bubble up and it needed to be replaced. They tend to melt and bubble up at about the same temp the faceshield or bourkes melt.

        Comment


        • #64
          Its a F'ing helmet. If it is approved (NFPA, OSHA, FD, Chief or whatever approval is needed) wear it.

          I do like tradition. I wear a leather. but I will not risk my life to try an rehabilitate it if it is damaged. I will just buy another, on my own dime.

          Comment


          • #65
            wow 4 pages on this. Here's my answer to this. Who cares what the kid wears as long as he received permission from the proper authority to wear it who really cares. Maybe the helmet is sentimental to him or her like a congratulations gift for graduating the fire academy or something. Instead of just leaving it go we have some people who will bitch about everything just because they themselves are unhappy and want to make other people unhappy. Maybe this kid is trying to carry on one of the good traditions of our job and see this helmet as an honor to wear and if that's going to help make him or her a better probationary firefighter the what's the difference.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by JJR512 View Post
              Oh, that's definitely the case. That kind of thing usually happens with me after reading comments like the last sentence of Post #51. It also always happens with me when people make incorrect assumptions about me, which Jonnee has in fact done a few times today. So I was most definitely not pre-disposed to seeing any humor from him or in any comments backing him up.
              Sorry to disappoint, but that comment was for you jj-junior......I'd give you maybe 30 secs at a mess room table.
              "Insert sense of humor, apply thicker skin" and remember the golden rule when starting out in this business ---two ears, one mouth to be used in that ratio

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by BlueMtnsFF View Post
                Anyone one else getting that feeling of "sense of humour FAIL"??
                Uh, yeah...
                "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

                "Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
                  So NOW I got a Snot nosed,Green Azzed EMT/FF wannabe argueing with me about helmets. Anybody BESIDES me find this amusing? T.C.
                  It is fracking hilarious!
                  ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                  Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
                    Hmmn. With Jonnee I would walk thru the gates of HELL. YOU,probably not even the Kitchen. If you want to MAKE Probie, better stop TALKING and start LISTENING Jr,you MIGHT learn something YET. YOU are OUTNUMBERED and OUTGUNNED. T.C.
                    Hey, if you want to walk through the gates of hell, be me guest. Go ahead. Bye. And YOU should learn to stop making assumptions about people. We've been through this before, and while other people may know who you are, I don't. I don't particularly give a flying **** how many years you've been anything, you're still just a screen name making comments on the internet. Excuse the **** out of me if I'd prefer to believe real-life people over the internet. We've been through this before, and it seemed to make sense to you then, so I'm not sure what's made you stupider since then. This isn't to say that I believe they're absolutely right and you're absolutely wrong, of course. I'm sure it's not as simple as that. But no matter how respected you may be in the real world (and I have no actual reason to doubt it), none of that means a lick of **** to me when it's presented with that kind of shouting and attitude. So if that's how you're predisposed to talking at people that you perceive as inferior to you, then you may as well **** off now and put me on your ignore list so you won't have to bother with me ever again.
                    -Justin J. "JJR512" Rebbert

                    The comments and opinions I express are solely my own and do not necessarily represent those of any employer or volunteer organization with which I am associated. Nobody is responsible for anything I say other than I alone.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by BlueMtnsFF View Post
                      Sorry to disappoint, but that comment was for you jj-junior......I'd give you maybe 30 secs at a mess room table.
                      "Insert sense of humor, apply thicker skin" and remember the golden rule when starting out in this business ---two ears, one mouth to be used in that ratio
                      I understood that comment was about me. My post was written in full understanding of that fact. What with me providing an explanation as for why my sense of humor was in failure mode, I can't imagine why it wasn't clear that I understood it was about me.
                      -Justin J. "JJR512" Rebbert

                      The comments and opinions I express are solely my own and do not necessarily represent those of any employer or volunteer organization with which I am associated. Nobody is responsible for anything I say other than I alone.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by snowball View Post
                        Just grab the NFPA book, it's there in the bottom of the birdcage.
                        Can I keep the NFPA book when you're done whacking me with it? I'd really like to read it and see exactly what the standards are, and I'm not going to pay for that privilege.
                        -Justin J. "JJR512" Rebbert

                        The comments and opinions I express are solely my own and do not necessarily represent those of any employer or volunteer organization with which I am associated. Nobody is responsible for anything I say other than I alone.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Grace Slick 1966 Got the next line of that in my helmet. Its plastic and slightly heat warped still works. If the kid has the skills and balls to be there his hat is above my pay grade. REMEMBER WHAT THE DOORMAN SAID KEEP YOUR HEAD.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by JJR512 View Post
                            Hey, if you want to walk through the gates of hell, be me guest. Go ahead. Bye. And YOU should learn to stop making assumptions about people. We've been through this before, and while other people may know who you are, I don't. I don't particularly give a flying **** how many years you've been anything, you're still just a screen name making comments on the internet. Excuse the **** out of me if I'd prefer to believe real-life people over the internet. We've been through this before, and it seemed to make sense to you then, so I'm not sure what's made you stupider since then. This isn't to say that I believe they're absolutely right and you're absolutely wrong, of course. I'm sure it's not as simple as that. But no matter how respected you may be in the real world (and I have no actual reason to doubt it), none of that means a lick of **** to me when it's presented with that kind of shouting and attitude. So if that's how you're predisposed to talking at people that you perceive as inferior to you, then you may as well **** off now and put me on your ignore list so you won't have to bother with me ever again.

                            You're not gonna last 5 minutes in the fire service, if you keep mouthing off like that to people with more years in the fire service than you have alive.

                            Sit down, shut your mouth, open your ears, and learn. You'll be much better off, trust me.
                            "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

                            "Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Miller337 View Post
                              Grace Slick 1966 Got the next line of that in my helmet. Its plastic and slightly heat warped still works. If the kid has the skills and balls to be there his hat is above my pay grade. REMEMBER WHAT THE DOORMAN SAID KEEP YOUR HEAD.
                              ROFL...It was, "Remember what the dormouse said. Feed your head."
                              -Justin J. "JJR512" Rebbert

                              The comments and opinions I express are solely my own and do not necessarily represent those of any employer or volunteer organization with which I am associated. Nobody is responsible for anything I say other than I alone.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Chenzo View Post
                                You're not gonna last 5 minutes in the fire service, if you keep mouthing off like that to people with more years in the fire service than you have alive.

                                Sit down, shut your mouth, open your ears, and learn. You'll be much better off, trust me.
                                Oh well.

                                And the only people I have to worry about lasting with are the ones in real life, and with them, there isn't any problem. I know who they are and what their experience is, and I have no problem listening to them. In fact, I have no problem with anyone who can be constructive without being a dick about it.
                                -Justin J. "JJR512" Rebbert

                                The comments and opinions I express are solely my own and do not necessarily represent those of any employer or volunteer organization with which I am associated. Nobody is responsible for anything I say other than I alone.

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X