Weight ratings for ladders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight ratings for ladders

We are taking a ladders class. We started to discuss the weight ratings for NFPA rated ladders but no one could find out any information. Does anyone know the weight ratings for roof ladders or extension ladders with NFPA ratings or where I can fine it?

Well.........

Originally posted by volfireman034 View Post
    We are taking a ladders class. We started to discuss the weight ratings for NFPA rated ladders but no one could find out any information. Does anyone know the weight ratings for roof ladders or extension ladders with NFPA ratings or where I can fine it?
    A Ladder weighs 30.0000000 Pounds per Section. The Decimal point moves one space to the right for each 100 feet you carry it away from the Rig........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

HAHAHA Not the answwer I was looking for but you made me almost fall out of my chair laughing. ( and agreeing with you!!!)

Comment

Check IFSTA Ladders, 9th edition and look under Fire Service Ladder Testing. You can also research NFPA 1932, the 2007 edition which will outline exactly what is done. If you still can not find your answers contact Fail Safe Ladder Testing and ask them. They're very knowledgeable and service all our ladders.

I did not put the ratings here because it depends on the part of the ladder you are talking about.

If you need more information feel free to send me an I.M. and I'll do my best to help ya.....
        "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

Dammit Harve,there goes the screen again. Kinda like Ems work,the higher you go (floors) the more the Buffalo ( patient) weighs,hehe T.C.

Comment

Yep...........

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
            Dammit Harve,there goes the screen again. Kinda like Ems work,the higher you go (floors) the more the Buffalo ( patient) weighs,hehe T.C.
            The Paramedic version is that a Lifepak 12 lead Scope weighs 31.00000000 Pounds, decimal point moves one spot to the right for each flight that you carry it up.........
            Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
            In memory of
            Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
            Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X