Clear All

• JJR512
    replied
    Originally posted by paladinknight View Post
    the "do it all and look cool doing it helmet"

thermal properties = keeps head warm at night

impact protection = short swords, arrows and stones only

vision impairment = only when it covers your eyes

hearing impairment = when helmet is struck, it rings slightly at about 120 db

nfpa compliant = nope, and we don't care... This helmet is ahead of its time

good for those hard charging heroes, especially if they have a habit of walking into ambushes.

Great for rescue work (as long as it is on open field)

will deflect flaming arrows, which is very important from time to time

the horns are great for making your point

and it looks cool...

Be the first on your department to order the do it all hero helmet
    Rofl.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Originally posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    The "Do it all and look COOL doing it Helmet"

Thermal properties = Keeps head warm at night

Impact protection = short swords, arrows and stones only

Vision impairment = Only when it covers your eyes

Hearing impairment = When helmet is struck, it rings slightly at about 120 db

NFPA Compliant = Nope, and we don't care... This helmet is ahead of its time

Good for those hard charging heroes, especially if they have a habit of walking into ambushes.

Will deflect flaming arrows, which is very important from time to time

The horns are great for making your point

And it looks Cool...

Be the First on your Department to order the Do It All Hero Helmet

Oh Man,I WANT one,hehe T.C.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Try this one on for size. The inside sweat band can be let out to fit all size heads.

As for my self and most firefighters, I've never had one on and never will!

BTW I do have a helmet for the 'little cap'n"!
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 07-08-2011, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PaladinKnight
    replied
    The "Do it all and look COOL doing it Helmet"

Thermal properties = Keeps head warm at night

Impact protection = short swords, arrows and stones only

Vision impairment = Only when it covers your eyes

Hearing impairment = When helmet is struck, it rings slightly at about 120 db

NFPA Compliant = Nope, and we don't care... This helmet is ahead of its time

Good for those hard charging heroes, especially if they have a habit of walking into ambushes.

Will deflect flaming arrows, which is very important from time to time

The horns are great for making your point

And it looks Cool...

Be the First on your Department to order the Do It All Hero Helmet
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Originally posted by JJR512 View Post
    Don't know. I've always collected hats. I suppose this is just an extension of that. I also have an obsession with flashlights, too.
    Not to insult you (others are doing that), but it comes across as kind of immature. Not to mention, that you are focusing on the wrong things if you want to be taken seriously by anyone other then a whacker.

Leave a comment:

• johnny46
    replied
    Another helmet thread.

Leave a comment:

• JJR512
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
    What's with the obsession with helmets?
    Don't know. I've always collected hats. I suppose this is just an extension of that. I also have an obsession with flashlights, too.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    What's with the obsession with helmets?

Leave a comment:

• JJR512
    replied
    Originally posted by mrpita View Post
    WHY??? You have made it PATENTLY clear you are not a FF, EMT, or anything. "My department"? How are you on a department and not a FF, EMT, or anything?

TROLL
    I have also made the answer to your question PATENTLY clear in the past, often in the same places where I've made it clear what I'm not. It's actually pretty simple. I am in

TRAINING

Leave a comment:

• mrpita
    replied
    I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or suggestions for non-firefighting "rescue" helmets.

My department provides Petzl ECRIN ROC helmets. They aren't issued to personnel, but are stored on apparatus in case they're needed. Personally, I would rather have my own, and I would rather my own be something that offers better protection than what this Petzl model appears to.

I'm not going to be getting anything in the near future. I'm not taking any rescue classes until next year. I just want to get a sense of what my options are. I'm not even sure, actually, if there are any standards (like from NFPA or ANSI) that apply.

Also, on a similar note, feel free to toss in any suggestions regarding non-firefighting gloves. I see some described as "extrication" and others described as "rescue"; what's the difference between them? Is the difference so big that we really need three different pairs of gloves? I actually already have a pair of Ringers Barrier 1 Extrication gloves; when I get into rescue, am I going to want something specifically called a "rescue glove", and if so, what are the better brands/models to consider? And are there any extrication gloves that are markedly better than the ones I have now?
    WHY??? You have made it PATENTLY clear you are not a FF, EMT, or anything. "My department"? How are you on a department and not a FF, EMT, or anything?

TROLL

Leave a comment:

• FireWA1
    replied
    I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or suggestions for non-firefighting "rescue" helmets.

My department provides Petzl ECRIN ROC helmets. They aren't issued to personnel, but are stored on apparatus in case they're needed. Personally, I would rather have my own, and I would rather my own be something that offers better protection than what this Petzl model appears to.
    What kind of protection are you looking for. I can't recommend a different helmet based on that.

My opinion, as of now, would be that you can't get much better of a helmet for technical rescue. Really at that point your just debating brands (black diamond, petzl, etc.). With a rescue helmet you don't want it to obstruct your view, you want it to be light, and you want it to keep a low profile. So for technical rescue that petzl is the way to go.

The problem I see with that R3 helmet is that it is added bulk and added weight. I can't say anything else since I have not tried it.

I do a lot of technical rescue with Search and Rescue. Anything bigger than a standard climbing helmet just gets in the way and makes my neck sore.

Leave a comment:

• giweff
    replied
    I say save your money and use what ever your dept has for you. I am all for buying personal tools and equipment that will help you do your job better but for to spend your money on a helmet that you don't really use that often I don't get. Now I do know guys that are apart of USAR teams that have there own stuff but that is B/c they may get called up any time and have to have all there bads packed ready to go when they are on the deployment list. I will look tomorrow and see what helmets we use at work. We have rescue helmes then Swift water helmets at well.

Leave a comment:

• jbrescue
    replied
    The PMI Advantage helmet is lighter and now NFPA compliant for rescue helmets. This is what our guys have started getting.

Leave a comment:

• JJR512
    replied
    Oh, OK...LOL, you're talking about Pacific. I didn't realize Kiwi was a model line; not knowing that, I thought Kiwi as a brand name, so that's what I searched for in Google. And coincidentally enough, there actually is a helmet manufacturer named Kiwi; as I said earlier, they make helmets for sports & rec.

Leave a comment:

• Capt387
    replied
    Originally posted by hwoods View Post
    At first Glance, mine looks like an R3...... I'll check and get back here with the info.........
    Harve, the only difference between the R3 and the R3T is the slot on top for a 4A flashlight

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X