Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing the ratchet system on helmet- is it a "no-no" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sdfd504
    replied
    I have taken the ratchet out of all three of my leathers over the years along with the black crown pad and it makes the helmet fit much better. I just push the ear flaps in if I don't need a mask on and then I fold them down when I wear a mask and it fits perfect. You can put the ratchet back in the helmet if you decide down the road that you liked it better with it installed. It just pops in and out with two tabs on each side.
    Last edited by sdfd504; 11-07-2010, 01:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rm1524
    replied
    Why would you want to? I have to adjust mine for with a hood and for without a hood on.

Leave a comment:

• zackman1801
    replied
    Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
    But WHY would you want to? I've got 2 N6A's and have no problem getting them fit CORRECTLY WITH the ratchet. T.C.
    i dont know why you would want to, i dont own a leather so i cant say too much, i was just clarifying that the impact cap and the ratchet system were two different things and were not all once peice in the helmet. I have been TOLD (only told) by people who wear them that with the ratchet system they sit higher than some people like.

Leave a comment:

• WD6956
    replied
    From an NFPA standpoint, you would have an issue. You are altering the fit and function of the helmet. That compromises the safety of it. As for your Chief minding, who knows. Why exactly would you want to do this? Just wondering.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Originally posted by zackman1801 View Post
    Hes not talking about taking out the impact liner. the impact liner and the ratchet system are seperate.
    But WHY would you want to? I've got 2 N6A's and have no problem getting them fit CORRECTLY WITH the ratchet. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• zackman1801
    replied
    Hes not talking about taking out the impact liner. the impact liner and the ratchet system are seperate.

Leave a comment:

• mcwops
    replied
    You are talking about permanently removing the suspension system from inside of the helmet...why? And yes, that would make it no longer usable, as that is the system that is designed to take the impact and cushion your skull. Wearing just the shell isn't going to do anything for you, and I would think would be a bit uncomfortable as well.

Leave a comment:

• Removing the ratchet system on helmet- is it a "no-no" ?

I was wondering if removing my N6A head ratchet is a "no-no" as far as NFPA and OSHA regs. Should I be worried about getting in trouble with my Chief for doing it to my personally owned helmet?

Thanks..

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X