Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing the ratchet system on helmet- is it a "no-no" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
    Tim, Take a Week off. Pack up your Lid, head to Hawaii. Park your lid on the Beach and let the Warmth and UV Rays do the work........
    Actually,I WISH I could pack my happy azz up and come visit you for a couple days. Restore my sanity and learn something to boot. Then we could go over and aggravate Fillmore over in Bladensburg,hehe T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
      Know where i can get some? Cheap but GREAT paint in it's day,'specially if you put some "stiffner" in it. T.C.
      I'd wager a bet there's more than a few 5 gallon pails of it up to the corner. If my memory serves me right we had a few hundred drums of it at one point hidden in one of the bunkers.
      Of course it was all OD or navy grey. :-} We used the medium hardener, spray it by midnight & drive it out the door in the morning.

Comment

When I painted mine, I used Frank's Red Hot......I put the schit on everything....
        Matt G.
        Battalion Chief
        IACOJ-Member
        FTM-PTB

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
          But WHY would you want to? I've got 2 N6A's and have no problem getting them fit CORRECTLY WITH the ratchet. T.C.
          I've got two N5A's. One fits great with a ratchet; the newer one had to have the ratchet taken out of it to fit properly.

I like a ratchet in the helmet, but if it fits better without it in there, then out it goes.
          Weekly updates on the world of rope:

http://rescue2training.com/journal.html

Comment

Originally posted by JJR512 View Post
            1. How was anyone supposed to know that? Perhaps you've mentioned it before, but maybe this guy never read it. It's not in your public profile.

2. Anyone can say they have 30, 40, even 50 years or more of experience doing anything. Watch: I've been a orthopedic surgeon for 45 years. See how easy that was? When it comes to believing A) the manufacturer's instructions/directions, or B) following the advice of someone on the internet who claims to know what he's talking about because he's been doing something that's slightly similar for 30 years, it's much more intelligent to choose Option A. Sorry, no disrespect is intended, but that's a fact.

3. Not all paints are the same. Do you know exactly what kind of paint he was talking about? I don't recall seeing him say what brand he was using. Remember, I've been an orthopedic surgeon for 45 years, so I'm sure you wouldn't mind me operating on your brain, right? Surgery is surgery, right?

Bottom line: Feel free to offer all the help, suggestions, tips, etc., that you feel qualified to provide. But don't get all hot under the collar when someone points out the obvious fact that following the manufacturer's instructions is generally a smarter idea than taking random advice found on the internet from people one doesn't know and doesn't have any real idea if they actually know what they're talking about or not.
            Well,this is how mine came out. T.C.
            Last edited by Rescue101; 02-19-2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
              Just dunk your cowhide in Dulux. It'll stick forever! :-}
              I'd like to have a dollar for every quart/gallon Dad sprayed of that stuff. I could RETIRE. T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by mtg55 View Post
                When I painted mine, I used Frank's Red Hot......I put the schit on everything....
                As a matter of fact, I painted my lunch with Frank's yesterday,hehe T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by jtucker1384 View Post
                  Not every state is an OSHA state.
                  Every state is required by Federal law under Section 18 of the Occupational Safety and Health Act to follow OSHA.

Not every state follows NFPA guidelines, that is because they are guidelines not laws. Once they become a regulatory agency then they will be laws.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X