No announcement yet.

Intrinsic Safe Radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public safety grade, but we didn't consider requiring them to be IS.

There was no need as we don't operate in conditions that would expose the radio to that sort of risk.

Tell that moron that you can be sued with or without IS radios. It has no bearing on getting sued. Usually all you need for a lawsuit is the money required to hire an attorney.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by tree68 View Post

Ironically, neither the mobile radios in the fire trucks and airfield support vehicles (including refuelers) nor the vehicles they are mounted in are IS....
      Maybe because the truck they're mounted in isn't IS?

Comment

Originally posted by RFDACM02 View Post
        Maybe because the truck they're mounted in isn't IS?
        But of course. The airfield service folks actually asked about IS mobiles. Which is sort of funny, when you think about it.
        Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Originally posted by tree68 View Post
          But of course. The airfield service folks actually asked about IS mobiles. Which is sort of funny, when you think about it.
          I guess maybe they're reading the stupid signs on the gas pumps that say a cellphone could trigger and explosion and think that the radio waves themselves are the issue? Maybe Mythbusters could take this on, they've already "dis-proven" the cellphone issue.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X