X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Lights

It is time to get a new helmet light...
    I would love to hear suggestions.
    Under $50 would be nice, but I am willing to go a little over for a really good product.
    Thanks for the input!
    Firefighting - one of the few professions left that still makes house calls.

I have a Streamlight Propolymer 4AA LED in a Blackjack bracket. Love it.
    "I've met lots of volunteer firefighters, but I've never seen a volunteer fire!"
    - R. MacLeod, Alma VFD

Comment

Originally posted by DubyaVFF View Post
      I have a Streamlight Propolymer 4AA LED in a Blackjack bracket. Love it.
      I am leaning towards that actually!
      Thanks

Comment

For $50, get a Streamlight Survivor LED alkaline. It will outshine anything you can put on your helmet, even the Vantage. Amazing light for the money. I am about to buy my second one.
        Career Firefighter
        Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
        I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

I appreciate the suggestion... our department uses these, but I find them useless when both hands are full. Our coats don't have good flashlight anchors, so the lights wind up swinging around, and you can't see anything.

Comment

$5 Garrity light. When the smoke's banked down, and you turn on your trusty $50 helmet light, all you get is bright smoke.....
            Matt G.
            Battalion Chief
            IACOJ-Member
            FTM-PTB

Comment

Originally posted by NFD-Firefighter View Post
              I appreciate the suggestion... our department uses these, but I find them useless when both hands are full. Our coats don't have good flashlight anchors, so the lights wind up swinging around, and you can't see anything.
              Ah. In that case, my first choice would be a Streamlight Vantage. Followed by a SureFire G2L with a Blackjack mount.
              Career Firefighter
              Volunteer Captain

I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Originally posted by mtg55 View Post
                $5 Garrity light. When the smoke's banked down, and you turn on your trusty $50 helmet light, all you get is bright smoke.....
                Haha, true!
                I would like something good for night time operations though.

Comment

What he said.

Comment

Put your flashlight in your pocket where they belong
                    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Comment

Yep. Me too.

For "night time operations" use something other than a helmet mounted flashlight.
                      RK
                      cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

Last edited by shmarleybarlow; 11-06-2010, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shmarleybarlow View Post
                          Oh really? How bout we'll do what we want. You condescending, "smoke eater emulating" bushwacker.
                          Oh boy...

Career Firefighter
                          Volunteer Captain

Comment

Do you only respond to structure fires???

We respond to a lot of nighttime MVA's in a remote area. Coat mounted lights are ok but as you said, you can't point them with your hands full.

I wore one of these for a year and it worked very well. It has adjustments for brightness and beam focus. It also pivots downward so you aren't blinding someone when you look at them. I paid $60 from my local Snap-On tool dealer. They're around $50 online. Only problem I found is if you're using a faceshield it glares a bit when the shield is down.

My wise and profound comments and opinions are mine alone and are in no way associated with any other individual or group.

Comment

never saw the need for a helmet light. useless in a fire, and not really help fun in non fire instances.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X