Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why???

Post Removed
    Last edited by FireRescue61; 10-29-2010, 11:20 AM.

How about 'fully involved' when it is a room and contents?

Now - I can see calling 'smoke showing' when the initial dispatch was an alarm drop.....

How about calling for a unit to 'expedite' when it is already dispatched/responding hot?!?!

Comment

Post Removed
      Last edited by FireRescue61; 10-29-2010, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FireRescue61 View Post
        I'm not talking about calling on the radio. I'm talking about shouting it out loud to whoever will listen.
        Aaahhhh...ok.....gotcha......

OMG OMG OMG it's, it's it's....a FIRE!!!!!!!

Comment

This should be a good thread for laughs.. standing by..

Comment

Post Removed

Comment

Post Removed

Comment

Here is my take from my experience - didn't watch the video link, not really inerested.

We make a high percentage of BS runs. Often the driver and officer have the only clear view of where we are headed, especially out in the distance. If while responding, it was clear that we would have something working just so the guys in the back would know it was game time. Not shout, not excited, just "hey guys, we got one."
                Last edited by MemphisE34a; 10-25-2010, 08:18 PM.
                RK
                cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by FireRescue61 View Post
                  Why do you firefighters, when arriving at a large working fire say: "WE NEED WATER!" or "SMOKE SHOWING!". I'm not trying to nit pick, but isn't that obvious??? OK, that's all...

DISCLAIMER: (I hope you don't take this thread to seriously )
                  One reason could be that it's 33 operating in the video.
                  Home of lots of "professionals" :-}

Comment

Got to agree with the LT from Memphis. I cant really see from the back of the cab, so if someone up front sees smoke in the sky or anything to indicate a fire its nice to have a heads up. Always prepared to go to work, but we got to a lot of false alarms so its nice to know. Its especially nice if we are going for an automatic alarm, smell of smoke, or some other call prone to false alarms. Its really only done if we are first in or if no one has called on location confirming the fire.

But knowing kentland, gotta ham it up for the cameras in the back.

Comment

I agree with the others, the company was first arriving, and the officer was letting the men on his rig know what the conditions were on arrival. Could have been 33 or any of the other companies in the US.
                      Career Fire Captain
                      Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

And..........

Obligatory Disclaimer - That Apartment Fire was on the West edge of Their District, We're on the Northeast side........ So I wasn't lurking in the neighborhood........

One Hallmark of a Good Officer is His/Her ability to Communicate, with the Crew, with the IC, and with Dispatch. We're now about to start getting MDTs (Computers) installed in each piece. With that, I'll expect each Unit Officer to be talking more while on the Road, relaying Pertinent info from the MDT to the Crew in the Back............
                        Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                        In memory of
                        Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                        Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

we usually get the knock on the glass if we got something.

Comment

With rear facing jump seats it's simply easier for the officer to tell the crew in the rear what he sees as compared to have them strain to turn around and look.

Certainly highlights one reason to purchase forward facing jump seats.
                            Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Anybody ever listen to the police give a report first in?! Haha, wow (sorry bull). Didn't watch the flick, seein two "3"s side by side said enough. Not a fan of yellin period, gets everyone worked up. In my experience the guys/galls hearing a calm voice be it radio or in the truck goes a long way for keeping them collected. The screaming banshees tend to get everyone all jumpin. Not sure who said it, but they said it best. Garbage men don't turn the corner and start yelling "TRASH! TRASH!!" Lol.
                              Matt G.
                              Battalion Chief
                              IACOJ-Member
                              FTM-PTB

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader