Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please take my survey........................ .................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickey
    replied
    Hmmm.....seemed kinda bias to me.

Survey taken anyway.

Leave a comment:

• MarcusKspn
    replied
    Originally posted by firemedichunter View Post
    Sunstar had a problem once when an EMT drove around the corner of headquarters too fast and ran over and killed a materials employee......that prompted lots of stop signs and 5 mph speed limits at headquarters
    That's probably it. We were told an employee at one of the other branches was run over, so the story was that if you get caught backing without assistance it is an offense you could be terminated for. I have seen people fired over it, but those were usually people that they were looking for a reason to fire.

Leave a comment:

• FDAIC485
    replied
    Originally posted by snowball View Post
    I can't, my dog ate it. Didn't have the heart to tell him.
    Tough dog!!! He made it all the way in to your hard drive? Plus, I'm sort of interested to see how he "word processes".

I did mine earlier, Firemedichunter. BTW, can you post the info you gather. I think it will be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyChiefGonzo
    replied
    Originally Posted by firemedichunter
    That's not good......my paper's due Dec 1...try and get it back by then...
    Originally posted by Snowball
    I'm sure it'll be out by Tuesday

The answers might be tad crappy...
    PS to firemedichunter... survey taken.

Leave a comment:

• snowball
    replied
    I'm sure it'll be out by Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• firemedichunter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• snowball
    replied
    Originally posted by johnny46 View Post
    When are you giving it back?

Leave a comment:

• johnny46
    replied
    Survey taken. Good luck to you.
    When are you giving it back?

Leave a comment:

• snowball
    replied
    Survey taken. Good luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• firemedichunter
    replied
    Originally posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    Seperate question:

Is Sunstar the company that had the "backing incident" that resulted in the strict policy at Paramedics Plus requiring somebody to back you up all the time?
    Sort of......the backing policies for all EMS/FD agencies are a no-brainer.....it costs a lot of money well people constantly back into things......

Sunstar had a problem once when an EMT drove around the corner of headquarters too fast and ran over and killed a materials employee......that prompted lots of stop signs and 5 mph speed limits at headquarters

Leave a comment:

• MarcusKspn
    replied
    Seperate question:

Is Sunstar the company that had the "backing incident" that resulted in the strict policy at Paramedics Plus requiring somebody to back you up all the time?

Leave a comment:

• MarcusKspn
    replied
    HAHA! I can see the connection there but I can assure you I do not have any ulterior motive. I actually was once employed with EMSA as well as their sister company in St Pete, FL called Sunstar (part-time). They are both authorities as you mentioned and they both contract out to Paramedics Plus, Inc. I can assure you that EMSA/Paramedics Plus is 100% for-profit. Anyway, I just moved here to OKC from St Pete but I am still a student at St Petersburg College. This is a bachelor program called Public Safety Administration with an emphasis on EMS. I graduate in December and this is my final project. Oddly enough, I was NOT allowed to choose my research topic.

For full disclosure......I am now a full-time EMS instructor and work part-time for a hospital-based non-profit EMS agency in Norman called EMSSTAT. I was a firefighter/paramedic in Florida for 7 years prior to moving to OKC.....so I have seen EMS from many viewpoints and I am not particularly biased towards any one system. The purpose of the survey is to help me explore other avenues of information as well as provide a substantial subjective viewpoint of EMS professionals around the country.
    Good disclosure, you are probably familiar with the issues between Oklahoma City/OKC FD/EMSA then. I've worked for EMSA in the past as well. Between all the parties involved you can probably understand my feeling that backhanded information gathering would not be that surprising. I would have no problem with any of the parties collecting this data, as long as they are honest with who is collecting it and why. I do feel better about the survey now.

Leave a comment:

• firemedichunter
    replied
    Originally posted by MarcusKspn View Post

Sorry if you are truly just a student who may be doing a research project, but this smells fishy.
    HAHA! I can see the connection there but I can assure you I do not have any ulterior motive. I actually was once employed with EMSA as well as their sister company in St Pete, FL called Sunstar (part-time). They are both authorities as you mentioned and they both contract out to Paramedics Plus, Inc. I can assure you that EMSA/Paramedics Plus is 100% for-profit. Anyway, I just moved here to OKC from St Pete but I am still a student at St Petersburg College. This is a bachelor program called Public Safety Administration with an emphasis on EMS. I graduate in December and this is my final project. Oddly enough, I was NOT allowed to choose my research topic.

For full disclosure......I am now a full-time EMS instructor and work part-time for a hospital-based non-profit EMS agency in Norman called EMSSTAT. I was a firefighter/paramedic in Florida for 7 years prior to moving to OKC.....so I have seen EMS from many viewpoints and I am not particularly biased towards any one system. The purpose of the survey is to help me explore other avenues of information as well as provide a substantial subjective viewpoint of EMS professionals around the country.

Leave a comment:

• MarcusKspn
    replied
    Call be paranoid, but I smell a fake.

Oklahoma City has a private-for-profit ambulance provider, EMSA (Emergency Medical Services Authority). EMSA is actually a "non-profit" provider, with staffing and billing handleded by a for-profit sub-contractor. They also receive payments from the cities they serve in the greater metropolitan area for providing the service.

Every few years Oklahoma City has the option of reviewing the status of the agreement with EMSA and decide if they want to keep the current model or turn it over to the fire department. Currently such a review is in progress.

Given the fact that the review is currently in progress, and after looking at the survey and thinking about the way the questions are written and the wording that is used, I honestly suspect that we may not be given the real story here.

Sorry if you are truly just a student who may be doing a research project, but this smells fishy.

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    I've been to Texas... transferring to connecting flights out of Houston and DFW...

See, we ship you carpetbaggers back north pretty quick down here!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X