X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JMac73
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by LaFireEducator
    We don't have a policy on helmet accessories, except that members are not allowed to, in any way, cover the large identification numbers on each side of the helmet.

That being said, it's basically impossible to put a band around the helmet and carry flashlights, chocks or anything else without partially blocking the numbers or the EMS star of life in the rear.
    OK, I can see not wanting to cover up a unit identifier but why would anyone care about covering up a star of life on the back of your helmet?

Comment

• Rescue101
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2001

Originally posted by LaFireEducator
      We don't have a policy on helmet accessories, except that members are not allowed to, in any way, cover the large identification numbers on each side of the helmet.

That being said, it's basically impossible to put a band around the helmet and carry flashlights, chocks or anything else without partially blocking the numbers or the EMS star of life in the rear.
      If you wear salad bowls that would be TRUE. T.C.

Comment

• Rescue101
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2001

Originally posted by MemphisE34a
        Around me, the "safety Officer" would have gotten an invitation to keep his pie hole shut and take any issue he had up with that individuals officer.

There might be one or two good ones out there, but most "Safety Officers" that I have had to deal with, especially in small departments, are scared of tying their shoes and seem to only excel at tattling.
        COME ON DOWN! As long as you don't do anything INCREDIBLY stupid,we'll get along just fine. I CAN tie my shoes and when the schit hits the fan I'll be right there with you. AND I won't tattle but if you do something DUMB you WILL know I Noticed. T.C.

Comment

• MemphisE34a
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rescue101
          COME ON DOWN! As long as you don't do anything INCREDIBLY stupid,we'll get along just fine. I CAN tie my shoes and when the schit hits the fan I'll be right there with you. AND I won't tattle but if you do something DUMB you WILL know I Noticed. T.C.
          Sounds fair to me pal! Maybe I should have said "some" instead of one or two.
          RK
          cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...