• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnny46
    replied
    Originally posted by nmfire View Post
    ...You sound like a psycho...
    hahahahahaha

If I were your BF, I'd be running very fast.
    I think we all understand the two significant problems with this scenario.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyMarshal
    replied
    Originally posted by nmfire View Post
    How the hell did she manage to delete her replies completely. And can we get her hired by the webteam?
    Users can't delete messages. It appears she asked for help from the webteam. I'm a little surprised that they didn't delete/lock the thread but, on consideration, someone would probably have raised havoc if they did that.

Looks like a dead topic at this point.

Move along! Nothing to see here...

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    How the hell did she manage to delete her replies completely. And can we get her hired by the webteam?

Leave a comment:

• MassFireGuy
    replied
    never mind. Some of you people on here blow my mind.
    Last edited by MassFireGuy; 10-19-2010, 04:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Yeah.............

Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
    I guess we found the boyfriend.
    If So, he gets the Job, as far as I'm concerned.......

Leave a comment:

• PaladinKnight
    replied
    Amazing... She didn't just delete what she wrote... she deleted the entire posts.

This topic no longer serves a purpose since the OP and everything she wrote has vanished.

WEBTEAM: LOCK or DELETE this... please.

Leave a comment:

• JJR512
    replied
    Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Well, you guessed wrong.

Although as a 35-y/o married man, a 19-y/o girlfriend doesn't seem like such a bad idea...LOL

But seriously, I don't like to see people being treated unfairly. It doesn't matter if I'm involved in the situation or not, I just can't stand jerks.

Leave a comment:

• GTRider245
    replied
    Originally posted by JJR512 View Post
    I don't see what the problem is, in regards to the conflict that has arisen between the OP and certain members responding.

The OP is a concerned girlfriend who wants her boyfriend to be happy, wants him to get what he wants, and wants the best for him. That's great. Maybe some of you are jealous and wish you had someone like that?

The OP is an outsider to the whole world of the fire department, and because of that, does not know how it works. In regular business hiring and recruiting processes, it's usually a good idea for an applicant to contact the interviewer shortly after the interview, the purpose of which is ostensibly to thank the interviewer for his or her time and briefly say that you enjoyed it and feel you'll be a good fit for the company. The real purpose for this is to keep your name at the top of the interviewer's mind. The OP is probably familiar with this concept, which is why she feels so strongly that her boyfriend should be contacting someone.

And wanting her boyfriend to contact someone, and asking whether or not he should—asking how seriously do they mean "don't contact us"—is not the same thing as stating that she wants to contact them and ask if they're still thinking of her "sweetie pie".

I also read through the OP a few times and could not find where she mentioned her boyfriend's name.

So basically, what we have here is a concerned girlfriend who dared to jump into an alien world to try to find out a little bit more about it, in the interest of helping her boyfriend who wants to live in that world that's alien to her. All that needed to be said was an answer to her question—"No"—with a brief explanation of why not, of how this world works. I commend the bravery of the OP and I applaud those of you recognized this for what it was, didn't read more into it than what was there (the she herself wants to contact someone) or completely invent stuff (that she mentioned her boyfriend's name), and answered her directly and politely.

Leave a comment:

• PaladinKnight
    replied
    deleted...
    Last edited by PaladinKnight; 10-19-2010, 04:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by uneasy
    I have never said his name. You have no idea who I am. With that, there is absolutely no embarrassing factor. Your rebuttal to my first statement is completely invalid; I've wanted him to contact someone. That in no way means that I personally wanted to contact anyone. Hence why I came here for all of the reasons stated above.

I have no interest in going back and forth trying to win an insult war with you, which you seem to have an interest in doing for some reason that I can't fathom. I'm completely finished with this thread, and I only want to know how to delete things off of here.
    HEY, you came in here after getting an account and posted this in several places.

You ask for help and suggestions. You received that!!

Don't get upset lady!

Leave a comment:

• JJR512
    replied
    I don't see what the problem is, in regards to the conflict that has arisen between the OP and certain members responding.

The OP is a concerned girlfriend who wants her boyfriend to be happy, wants him to get what he wants, and wants the best for him. That's great. Maybe some of you are jealous and wish you had someone like that?

The OP is an outsider to the whole world of the fire department, and because of that, does not know how it works. In regular business hiring and recruiting processes, it's usually a good idea for an applicant to contact the interviewer shortly after the interview, the purpose of which is ostensibly to thank the interviewer for his or her time and briefly say that you enjoyed it and feel you'll be a good fit for the company. The real purpose for this is to keep your name at the top of the interviewer's mind. The OP is probably familiar with this concept, which is why she feels so strongly that her boyfriend should be contacting someone.

And wanting her boyfriend to contact someone, and asking whether or not he should—asking how seriously do they mean "don't contact us"—is not the same thing as stating that she wants to contact them and ask if they're still thinking of her "sweetie pie".

I also read through the OP a few times and could not find where she mentioned her boyfriend's name.

So basically, what we have here is a concerned girlfriend who dared to jump into an alien world to try to find out a little bit more about it, in the interest of helping her boyfriend who wants to live in that world that's alien to her. All that needed to be said was an answer to her question—"No"—with a brief explanation of why not, of how this world works. I commend the bravery of the OP and I applaud those of you recognized this for what it was, didn't read more into it than what was there (the she herself wants to contact someone) or completely invent stuff (that she mentioned her boyfriend's name), and answered her directly and politely.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyMarshal
    replied
    I only want to know how to delete things off of here.
    The best you can do without moderator assistance is go back and edit each message you've posted to blank.

You might want to think about these things a little more carefully before posting (potentially permanent) messages on a national forum in the future.
    Last edited by DeputyMarshal; 10-19-2010, 04:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    For the record, I had no intentions of calling the FD or HR Department wanting to check the status of things for him, or tell them how fortunate they would be to hire my sweetie pie. I am concerned, which is something that I don't believe is damnable.
    Really?

I've been adamant about contacting SOMEONE and getting his name out there so that they know about him and how badly he wants the job (because he does). They need to know who he is, because of how many people there are. At least that's how I see it.
    So anyway.....

Also, if I'm freaking out for absolutely no reason, tell me.
    Yes. So stop trying to interfere/intervene in something you have no business interfering in before you completely ruin "your sweetie pie's" chances of getting hired. Also, it would be nice to stop embarassing him on an international forum.

....a 19 year old girl.
    Explains everything.

Leave a comment:

• snowball
    replied
    Originally posted by fire49 View Post
    My advice test test test and then test some more

My opinion it is a matter of luck if he gets picked up
    Yes he has to put his best effort in

Keep on testing.
    Some processes are short some are long and drawn out