WTF, wake up guys!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Does your union expect extra compensation for you to wear seat belts?
    Seat Belts are a law. Different story entirely.

Comment

I see there is not a strong Union membership here on these boards. I understand that most around here are volunteers. With that said, you need to stand up for yourselves at some point. You are not 5 years old. You do not need big brother watching you all the time. You are professionals. And with everything in life there are a few bad apples. What would you do if they wanted to plant GPS chips in your skin and call in "accountability" I know some of these yahoos around here would think it would be a good idea.

AND TO ANYONE OUT THERE THAT THINK THOSE CAMERAS ARE FOR YOUR PROTECTION, I have some ocean front property for sale in Arizona.

Comment

There's lots of union guys here. Unfortunately, not all are as ticked off at life as you apparently are. It has nothing to do with big brother and politics. It has to do with not killing people and being responsible for your actions, and when you do that, protecting you.
        Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
          I used to put my own digital camera on my dash board when responding from home for the same reasons. I know I'm not driving in a stupid way, but it could sure prove it for me if questioned by some dumbass who is upset about having to pull over for 10 seconds. Or god forbid someone hits me and I have to defend myself. Course thats no longer an issue where I am now so that's long gone.
          I bet you post it on YouTube as well.

Comment

There's lots of union guys here. Unfortunately, not all are as ticked off at life as you apparently are.
            OK, guy...

Comment

There's lots of union guys here. Unfortunately, not all are as ticked off at life as you apparently are.
              It has nothing to do with being ticked off. It has everything to do with a realistic view of where these rules come from. Do you honestly think ANY camera the city wants in place is for your protection??? Really??? That is simple minded beyond belief.
              Just a typical moronic, childish, idiotic munchkin.

Comment

Originally posted by MassFireGuy View Post
                I bet you post it on YouTube as well.
                No. I don't save them and use them for personal pleasure like some people here do.

OK, guy...
                Right on. Obviously I'm on the right track since you apparently wouldn't have a problem with it if it was used to extort higher pay for no reason.

Originally posted by Whocares View Post
                It has nothing to do with being ticked off. It has everything to do with a realistic view of where these rules come from. Do you honestly think ANY camera the city wants in place is for your protection??? Really??? That is simple minded beyond belief.
                Well for the third time this week, when fires start killing and injuring more firefighters than the road, maybe I will agree with you.

Comment

Well..............

First to Address the Topic - We've had them for Years, and except for a couple of minor problems early on, things have gone well here. A Camera has saved more than one of our Drivers. Period. Fact. One of my Drivers was involved in a minor accident, Bad Weather, Traffic Light out due to Power Failure. Camera showed that the light was out, and that my Guy had slowed to about 20 mph. Dude came out of the side Street and struck the Squad, No Injuries, Few Hundred Dollars Damage..... Short ending, Dude claimed he had a Green Light! Camera showed otherwise........

Second, I'm not sure if all Cameras operate in the same manner or not. I can understand if people are concerned if a Camera is rolling all the time....... Ours are "Tripped" by a Swerve, Hard Brake Application, or other evasive measure. They can also be manually Activated..... In Short, our Career Guys are Represented by IAFF L-1619 which is one Local that is known for looking out for the Troops. They have no problem with the Cameras, as far as I know. The two Organizations that cover the Volunteers have not had any formal Complaints either........
                  Last edited by hwoods; 10-17-2010, 10:17 AM.
                  Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                  In memory of
                  Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                  Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

The way most work is they are recording a constant 30 second loop. When one of those G sensors trips it, will save the previous 30 seconds to disk and continue recording the following 30 seconds to disk. So lets say you're talking about your ex-wife and 20 seconds later, you hit a big bump. It will save it. No driving or discipline problem. But if someone reviews the saved video, they hear about your ex-wife too.

So in my opinion, don't talk about you ex-wife if you don't want someone to hear about it.

Comment

I see there is not a strong Union membership here on these boards. I understand that most around here are volunteers. With that said, you need to stand up for yourselves at some point. You are not 5 years old. You do not need big brother watching you all the time. You are professionals. And with everything in life there are a few bad apples. What would you do if they wanted to plant GPS chips in your skin and call in "accountability" I know some of these yahoos around here would think it would be a good idea.

AND TO ANYONE OUT THERE THAT THINK THOSE CAMERAS ARE FOR YOUR PROTECTION, I have some ocean front property for sale in Arizona.
                      I'm a IAFF member, so fell free to explain why in the world a camera requires additional compensation.

This is nothing like planting GPS in your skin. Now, planting one in an SCBA would be a good comparison. The apparatus belongs to the city, they have the right to alter them in any means they see fit, just as they can alter your SCBA with a pack-tracker system.

When it comes to guys like you, I see one of two issues. First is you're paranoid and the second is you know you're going to get caught doing the crap you're not supposed to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
                        I'm a IAFF member, so fell free to explain why in the world a camera requires additional compensation.

This is nothing like planting GPS in your skin. Now, planting one in an SCBA would be a good comparison. The apparatus belongs to the city, they have the right to alter them in any means they see fit, just as they can alter your SCBA with a pack-tracker system.

When it comes to guys like you, I see one of two issues. First is you're paranoid and the second is you know you're going to get caught doing the crap you're not supposed to be.
                        The firehouse belongs to the city too, so I suppose you would have no problem with them putting cameras and mic's in the kitchen, right? Of course you wouldn't because you are not paranoid and never, ever say or do anything inappropriate, right? Put the "Kitchen Cam" online and let civilians watch it too!

Comment

Meaningless comparison. The firehouse doesn't drive down the road at 60mph and kill people.

Comment

Meaningless comparison. The firehouse doesn't drive down the road at 60mph and kill people.
                            And cameras do nothing to stop the rig from driving crazy - officers and drivers do.

Comment

And cameras do nothing to stop the rig from driving crazy - officers and drivers do.
                              Wouldn't it be nice if that actually worked.

Comment

That's assuming the officers and driver's are doing their job, which is why the cameras are there. At the same time, they can be used to prove they were doing their job. They can also be used for training purposes.

Our new aerial has these cameras, on forward-facing, one rear-facing, and one down each side. No one has a problem with them because they do their jobs. Of course, we have the black box that's required by NFPA now, so the cameras are just an addition.

As far as putting the cameras in the stations, what's the problem? We have cameras on our computers in the dayroom now. While an employee has certain rights, they are still serving at the leisure of the employer. Our HQ (which we share with the PD, dispatch, and courts as a public safety building) has any number of security cameras throughout it, and it's not been a problem.

I goes back to the heart of the matter- do your freaking job and be a professional. The firehouse, the apparatus, and the fireground are a workplace, not a playground. If you don't want to follow the rules, find a job with different rules that fit your needs.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X