WTF, wake up guys!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BSFD9302 View Post
    First sorry I have not read all of the posts. I only have a few more minutes before I need to go.

I have a question, Do the LEOs in this city have these cameras in the police vehicles? I am not asking to be malicious just wondering.

Also I agree, I have no problem with the cameras myself. Of course that is if the department has all of the equipment in good condition that is needed. No sense in spending money on cameras if bunker gear is needed. If there is a problem, the newer trucks have computers in them that can be downloaded to tell how fast a driver is going. Granted not all vehicle computers show where they are, but if there is an MDT then yes it can be cross referenced to show where they are or even simply use the MDT to determine where and how fast they were going. But it does not show driving habits either.

I do not like the sound option though. Yes you are at work and an employer has the right to put cameras up except in restrooms, locker rooms or sleeping quarters.

I really do not understand why the officer does not discipline the driver though. We do. If anything it should be for insubordination for not following the officer's commands.

Cameras are a double edged sword. When they help it is really not noticed but when it hurts everyone notices.

There has to be more to the story. What is not being said about why the cameras were purchased and installed. Did they have a high incident rate? Did their insurance costs drop by a large percent?
    The Sheriff's Office does not have theses cameras.

Lt's in the Dept are micromanaged, just like everyone else. Most discipline is handled at Chief level.

I don't think we ever had a high incident rate. If you run 100,000 calls a year in a place like this you are gonna have a few wrecks, it is part of the cost of doing business.

These cameras were originally bought for all BCC (Board of County Comissioner) vehicles.

They say that our insurance claim dollars are down but who knows, they usually make the numbers say what they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by NortheastFH View Post
      i'm going to go on a long overdue rant and then I'm done...

Massfireguy, fffred, and even whocares (though from midwest ... you guys are always refreshing. it takes your kind of years of experience to be able to cut through the crap and bottom line things like you do. no matter what the topic; NFPA bs, tactics, politics or even petty helmet debates. you guys seem to be the only ones that aren't full of crap and hopelessly confused by their lack of experience. This is becoming the "talk" vs the actual "walk" site. and some on here can really spin the crap quite well and give off an air of experience. however, their post content is the real proof in the pudding.

no matter what thread comes up here, you'll be faced with the same amateurs fighting you to the death. it's a parallel universe made possible in bulk quantities, by the internet.

Massfire, you were dead on with the youtube comment. Nmfire, was actually banned from a whacker site called elightbars.org. his unbridled sharp tongue got the better of him and on a whacker site nonetheless. he knows more about lights and sirens than the worst hoopie you've seen and has been posting about lights for years. the light interest and years worth of message board posts far outweighs his actual "fire" related postings. i can understand knowing about lights and sirens, but he crosses that threshold of "normal". although, it does sound like he might of grown up a little from his volunteer light days in the recent past.

Deputymarshal epitomizes the sharp tongue "type" that nmfire displays, but is far more relentless. he will contradict just about anything. people are very careful not to contradict him, because he is like a wordsmith, able to spin almost anything to his advantage in an argument. he also carries his occupation title with him, so people are more respectful to him then they would be if it was another individual posting. If you love this job like me you wouldn't become a fire investigator until you were too old and couldn't do the job anymore. it's not a wonder when this type leaves the job. he did after all come from IT, before getting into the fire svc...just sayin'. from the first time i saw him defend the NFPA, the red flags were up.

these safety sallies and fire duckers will fight everything. including some of the most fundamental parts of this job. if you doubt me, just look at the thread where these amateurs including pirate boy will even stoop to speak negatively of Ray Mccormack's FDIC speech. thank god for brothers like Ray that are still sticking around the fire service to lead. unfortunately the longer time goes on, the FDNY seems to be the last bastion of this and everything right about this job is becoming the minority, while you jerk off's attempt to discredit them, become the majority. fighting the basics of "putting the fire out" with stupid semantics. again, parallel universe, but true.

i long for the days of posters like 111truck (RIP), ndemarse, (stopped posting because of the bickering sallies) and others. the good ones don't stoop to bickering with online losers. you won't see many of them here. other good guys that have stuck around are nyckftbl, calmb4storm and the boston guy with the 3/4 boots in his prof. picture.

this will be my first and only post. thank god for you brothers that are leading the way among this "progressive" generation of wolves in sheep's clothing.
      I know you're not coming back, but GOD DAMN that's a hell of a post. Right on Brother.
      "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

• Hey! What about Johnny46 and me? I miss Mongofire99 and ChicagoFF. Fireman's Firemen, not as$ kissers. Great post brother, you should stick around.
        IAFF

Comment

• Originally posted by snowball View Post
          Hey! What about Johnny46 and me?
          Two of the reasons I log on everyday to read the forums.
          Career Fire Captain
          Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

• What am I? Chopped liver?
            ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

• Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
              What am I? Chopped liver?
              Apparently WE don't count,hehe T.C.

Comment

• Originally posted by deputychiefgonzo View Post
                congratulations on finally learning how to use the quote feature.. It only took you what, 6 years?
                lol

"A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

Yeah...but it's top-shelf liver.
                  Member IACOJ

Comment

No no no, we are liver hotdish!!

Jason Knecht
                    Firefighter/EMT
                    Township Fire Dept., Inc.
                    Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
                    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
                    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

• Huh??............

Originally posted by Dickey View Post

We Be What????..............
                      Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                      In memory of
                      Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                      Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickey View Post

Must be some nordic midwestern thing....

What is it, like cod liver buried in the ground for year, dug up, and then covered in some mysterious chunky fishbrain gravy?

I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post

What is it, like cod liver buried in the ground for year, dug up, and then covered in some mysterious chunky fishbrain gravy?

Isn't that called lutefisk?
                          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Isn't that called lutefisk?
                            That's not what I call it...
                            I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post

That is almost as bad as lutefisk....and I'm Norwegian!!!

I was invited to a potluck dinner at a neighboring fire department social gathering one time. I looked at this one bowl with bow tie pasta, a cream sauce and chunks of meat. I first thought it was like a swiss steak type of dish. I tried it and just about power puked!! I learned it was chunks of beef liver in this sauce with pasta....NASTY!!

The only worse thing I can think of is rotten pickled fish in snot sauce called lutefisk.
                              Jason Knecht
                              Firefighter/EMT
                              Township Fire Dept., Inc.
                              Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
                              http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
                              EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

• Huh??..............

Originally posted by Dickey View Post
                                That is almost as bad as lutefisk....and I'm Norwegian!!!

I thought Lutefisk was a street in Sheboygan...........
                                Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                                In memory of
                                Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                                Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X