Leather helmet questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Of course they can. NFPA standards committees are intentionally designed to prevent any single special interest from monopolizing them. Manufacturers never control more than 1/3 of the voting seats -- usually less.

All the stakeholders drive the process -- not just manufacturers.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ask Pro Tech how well that worked for them when Total Fire Group (AKA Total Fire Crap) got their gloves "un compliant." If you search it on here there are some great threads on it.
    Last edited by MassFireGuy; 10-16-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
      My career FD's policy states quite clearly that you will wear issued NFPA approved PPE, to include the helmet, OR you may purchase your own helmet if it is on the approved list and it meets current NFPA standards. I guess as far as PPE goes they do care that you wear NFPA approved gear.

Like I said, I don't care what any of the rest of you wear, hell go back to 3/4 boots, long rubber coats, fireball gloves, filter masks, and the old tin Senator helmets if it makes you happy. As for me, in this litiginous society and understanding the political climate of today I wll wear my NFPA approved PPE, to include my helmet.

By the way, if you are still wearing 10 year old turnouts your Union Health and safety committee has HUGELY dropped the ball. My career FD replaces gear well before 10 years and even my little podunk volly FD replaces gear on a shorter schedule than that. Seems a shame your metro career FD is so lax on that.
      I said , "if". Just trying to make a point.

Comment

Originally posted by MassFireGuy View Post
        HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ask Pro Tech how well that worked for them when Total Fire Group (AKA Total Fire Crap) got their gloves "un compliant." If you search it on here there are some great threads on it.
        The search function here is almost useless but that's moot considering that most ProTech gloves are currently NFPA compliant again. What's your point?
        "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
        sigpic
        The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

The search function here is almost useless but that's moot considering that most ProTech gloves are currently NFPA compliant again. What's your point?
          My point? If it wasn't clear to you (You must really be a Deputy) is that the NFPA decisions are influenced by manufactures especially Total Fire Group. That is why the NFPA is a joke.

I find it funny that they are located one city away from us and everyone in these parts basically ignore them for the joke that they are. But go on to feel free that they are this infallible plethora of knowledge and honor.

Comment

My point? If it wasn't clear to you (You must really be a Deputy) is that the NFPA decisions are influenced by manufactures especially Total Fire Group. That is why the NFPA is a joke.
            Lame. Is that the best you can do?

"Influenced" isn't "controlled." No manufacturer or manufacturer interest (since TFG isn't a manufacturer) can control any NFPA committee. If anything, the issue with Pro Tech gloves and the 2004 edition of NFPA 1971 is a good example of manufacturer interests not controlling NFPA policy and standards.

I find it funny that they are located one city away from us and everyone in these parts basically ignore them for the joke that they are.
            I wouldn't be so happy about being inbred, if I were you, but that's your choice.

But go on to feel free that they are this infallible plethora of knowledge and honor.
            Nobody ever claimed that they were infallible but thier peer consensus system is certainly better than putting on blinders and doing everything your own way and ignoring the experience of the rest of the fire service world. There's just nothing like "200 Years of Tradition Unhampered by Progress" is there?
            sigpic

Comment

Lame. Is that the best you can do?

"Influenced" isn't "controlled." No manufacturer or manufacturer interest (since TFG isn't a manufacturer) can control any NFPA committee. If anything, the issue with Pro Tech gloves and the 2004 edition of NFPA 1971 is a good example of manufacturer interests not controlling NFPA policy and standards.

I wouldn't be so happy about being inbred, if I were you, but that's your choice.

Nobody ever claimed that they were infallible but thier peer consensus system is certainly better than putting on blinders and doing everything your own way and ignoring the experience of the rest of the fire service world. There's just nothing like "200 Years of Tradition Unhampered by Progress" is there?
              Must be hard to be so naive.

Comment

Must be hard to be so naive.
                You would know.
                sigpic

Comment

You would know.
                  Like I'm talking to my three year old.

Comment

Like I'm talking to my three year old.
                    Assuming he's actually yours, it's a pity you reproduced.
                    sigpic

Comment

Assuming he's actually yours, it's a pity you reproduced.
                      ZINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
                      Crazy, but that's how it goes
                      Millions of people living as foes
                      Maybe it's not too late
                      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
                        ZINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
                        Yeah... That was a good one.

Comment

Yeah... That was a good one.
                          Peace? I suspect we'd agree more face to face than we do here. I hear they have beer in Beantown...
                          sigpic

Comment

Peace? I suspect we'd agree more face to face than we do here. I hear they have beer in Beantown...
                            Yes. We were key in orchestrating the world famous "Beer Summit" made famous by out President. It showed the best way to resolve our problems is to drink beer.

Comment

It showed the best way to resolve our problems is to drink beer.
                              Hey, Demipublican or Republicrat, ya gotta give the man his props for that one!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

-- Ben Franklin
                              sigpic

Comment

And NOW back to our regularly scheduled Scrap. T.C.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X