Ben plus 2 helmet???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben plus 2 helmet???

Has anyone figured out a way to make this helmet sit lower on your head so it's not up so high. Our department just switched to these and they sit up really high. The only adjustment we've found is where the headband sits on your head. Any help would be awesome as we are all top heavy at the moment.

Thanks

They are high sitting helmets.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

They normally sit high but you can adjust them up inside the helmet.

There are 6 straps that hold the helmet above your head, and on 4 of them you can adjust the height of them. It isn't much but it's something. Each strap clips into the helmet and be careful not to break those little plastic clips. Peel back the soft felt in there and you will see them.
      Jason Knecht
      Firefighter/EMT
      Township Fire Dept., Inc.
      Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
      http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
      EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

Yeah I adjusted those but it seemed to only move the headband. It didn't seem to change the height of the helmet. If that makes sense.

Comment

Ben II

I've had mine 4 years and really like the fit and balance. The height really isn't an issue 99.9% of the time. The only issue I've had with the height is in the back of a really small vehicle while holding manual c-spine on a pt. Other than that it's a non-issue IMO. Other members on dept. have 1010s or traditional Bullard and IMO I would get another Ben II, it just seems to feel lighter in weight and more balanced on your head.

Comment

I have that same issue with the Ben II. Our vollie department has both the Ben II and the Paul Conway as options. Since they're nearly identical, except for the crown, I wear one of the Conways.

If I heard right, Paul Conway is the guy that designed the Ben helmets, hence the similarities.

Comment

Originally posted by engineeremtp View Post
              I've had mine 4 years and really like the fit and balance. The height really isn't an issue 99.9% of the time. The only issue I've had with the height is in the back of a really small vehicle while holding manual c-spine on a pt. Other than that it's a non-issue IMO. Other members on dept. have 1010s or traditional Bullard and IMO I would get another Ben II, it just seems to feel lighter in weight and more balanced on your head.
              Agreed. Most comfortable helmet I've ever worn and really haven't seen any issues with it's height.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X