X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeputyChiefGonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Tenderloin View Post
    Could anyone answer this question for me?

If one of your aerial ladders which is in a large metropolitain area, is requested to perform a special service (i.e. not an emergency service) to assist say a Church with stringing a banner or hanging Christmas lights; and

if it necessitates the use of the aerial and Jacks; does your Department place that aerial truck company

in an "out of service" status or would you keep that Truck "in service" should an "emergency dispatch" occur?

Could you very briefly explain your decision? Any citations on this point?

Thank you so much,
    JT
    With companies being closed on a permanent basis or "browned out" for tours of duty... we can hardly afford to take a rig out of service to hang banners, Christmas lights, etc.

Leave a comment:

• BoxAlarm187
    replied
    Sounds like someone's department went OOS for a non-emergency event.

We stay in service in case an emergency comes in. Not sure what more reason there is to give. I don't know what citations you're looking for, it's common sense.

Leave a comment:

• Tenderloin
    started a topic "In Service" or "Out of service."

"In Service" or "Out of service."

Could anyone answer this question for me?

If one of your aerial ladders which is in a large metropolitain area, is requested to perform a special service (i.e. not an emergency service) to assist say a Church with stringing a banner or hanging Christmas lights; and

if it necessitates the use of the aerial and Jacks; does your Department place that aerial truck company

in an "out of service" status or would you keep that Truck "in service" should an "emergency dispatch" occur?

Could you very briefly explain your decision? Any citations on this point?

Thank you so much,
    JT

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X