"In Service" or "Out of service."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
    In service, delayed response, due to a PR event.
    yep thats us !!!!!!!!!!
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Originally posted by TheresOnlyone2 View Post
      Tenderloin, Since you didn't mind dropping SFFD's name in this thread, would you mind telling us which department YOU worked for and how they would handle the same situation ? Just curious.
      TheresOnlyone2
      I'd be interested to know that.

Oh, and by the way. When did this forum adopt the "You don't ask those kinds of questions, you're a newbie" attitude. Really? Oh I better listen to that guy, he has a lot of posts in here. C'mon.
      IAFF

Comment

I wanna tell the world!

Originally posted by len1582 View Post
        If I get a call from my Bn Chief telling me to do something like mentioned here, I will call the dispatcher and get a ticket for a service call. It will be a run and I will have the company out of service for the duration.
        It's rare for us be out of service for anything. I've left man a hoseman at a minor medical call to avoid abandonment & wait for the ambulance while two guys and the engine respond to a second run. So, we're definitely not going OOS for a service call.

Anytime my company does work, it's a run. Why? Lots of reasons. Like Len, it covers the guys in case of injury. Also, it's necessary to paint a picture of the work the FD does for the community. It's nothing for 5-6% of our annual runs to be lift assists and other miscellaneous service calls. Some folks say those aren't "real" incidents. Wrong. They're all times when the city's investment in equipment and manpower were put to use to benefit the citizens. You don't want to keep that a secret.

I can't speak for the larger cities... But the cops is most smaller cities and towns seem to record EVERYTHING as an incident -- including those drive-bys to investigate barking dog complaints. We should do no different. If the personnel or equipment go to work, it should be recorded and tracked so it can be shared with the citizens & elected officials. This is one of those areas where firefighters can be their own worst enemy because they keep everything they do a secret.
        sigpic

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X