Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a way to go out !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
      Say what you really think.

Not that it really matters though.
      Oh, it matters...and the fact that you showed up here proves it. Nobody should ever be allowed to forget what you really are and how you think. And no new member of this forum should enter into a conversation with you without knowing, either. We wouldn't want them to actually think they were engaged in a conversation with a real fireman.
      Member IACOJ

Comment

This is what protecting and serving is all about. It's not about property, it's about the sanctity of LIFE. The rest is just things of the world.
        All Pit Bulls are not bad dogs. All bad dogs are not Pit Bulls.

Resist ignorance. Educate - Inspire.
        www.badrap.org

Comment

Say what you really think.

Not that it really matters though.
          Tell that to the families of the victims that you have repeatedly stated you would leave high and dry in the interest of not breaking your fingernails.
          "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
            Tell that to the families of the victims that you have repeatedly stated you would leave high and dry in the interest of not breaking your fingernails.
            And exactly where I have I stated that anyone would be left "high and dry" except in that one situation, which clearly required PPE, at a minimum?

I am a strong advocate of firefighter safety, and yes, I always er on the side of caution when making decisions as I have seen too many firefighters die or suffer injuries for no real meaningful gain. There are, and have been, situations where intervention without the right tools is foolish, and that applies both to off-duty and response situations, where too many underfunded departments try to achieve far too much without the right tools, training or experience, and their members pay the price attempting to make rescues that never had a chance of being successful.

We are always the number one consideration. Always.

I have never said that this firefighter was wrong, but it's not something I would do unless I knew the local FD had an extended response time with the near certainty of death for the occupants if I didn't act. And even then, I may not as there are children that very much depend on me and want to be alive as they grow older.

As far as you FWD and Nozzleman, it really doesn't matter how you feel about me as this is the internet, and I have no idea how big and bad either of you really are.
            Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

I have no idea how big and bad either of you really are.
              You don't have to be big and bad to have courage and dedication to the protection of humanity.

Too bad the younger members of your organization will never know what those two things are.

Comment

We may be #1, but speaking ONLY for myself(and about 100,000 of my brothers and sisters here) there is NO way in hell I would pass by a burning vehicle with a child trapped inside without doing EVERYTHING I can to rescue that child. Any other action,TO ME,is unconscionable. EVEN WITHOUT PPE. I hired on to protect LIVES and property. I intend to DO JUST THAT until I'm not able to perform my duties without being a liability to my crew. T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
                  You don't have to be big and bad to have courage and dedication to the protection of humanity.

Too bad the younger members of your organization will never know what those two things are.
                  Interesting as you know nothing of my organization.

Actually, they have quite a bit of both. At times, I wish they had a little bit less than they do.

Comment

At times, I wish they had a little bit less than they do.
                    You don't say.
                    Member IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
                      We may be #1, but speaking ONLY for myself(and about 100,000 of my brothers and sisters here) there is NO way in hell I would pass by a burning vehicle with a child trapped inside without doing EVERYTHING I can to rescue that child. Any other action,TO ME,is unconscionable. EVEN WITHOUT PPE. I hired on to protect LIVES and property. I intend to DO JUST THAT until I'm not able to perform my duties without being a liability to my crew. T.C.
                      That's a personal choice, and that's fine.

Condeming others for not making the same choice is also something that to me makes no sense. But that's me.

Comment

Originally posted by ThNozzleman View Post
                        You don't say.
                        Courage often leads to over aggressiveness, which often leads to far more problems than it solves, especially in a rural environment where resources are often scarce.

I would like to see them back-off far more often than they do.

Comment

Courage often leads to over aggressiveness, which often leads to far more problems than it solves, especially in a rural environment where resources are often scarce.

I would like to see them back-off far more often than they do.
                          WTF? TRAINED personnel,lead by COMPETENT officers (YES there's still some left) pretty well know the GO/No go boundaries. Aggressive operations SAVE Life and property. PROVEN FACT! Dragging your AZZ in the Yard and dilly dicking around out front COSTS lives and property: PROVEN FACT! Try something bigger than a pea shooter if you're going on an elephant hunt. And don't try to suggest that being RURAL equals untrained because it doesn't; AT LEAST HERE. T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
                            WTF? TRAINED personnel,lead by COMPETENT officers (YES there's still some left) pretty well know the GO/No go boundaries. Aggressive operations SAVE Life and property. PROVEN FACT! Dragging your AZZ in the Yard and dilly dicking around out front COSTS lives and property: PROVEN FACT! Try something bigger than a pea shooter if you're going on an elephant hunt. And don't try to suggest that being RURAL equals untrained because it doesn't; AT LEAST HERE. T.C.
                            Everything you write is true, but your post covers a number of variables which change from department to department.

Many of those variables are based on experience, which comes with actual runs, not classroom training, computer simulations or even training burns. The simple fact is runs are down, and so is experience. We need to keep that in mind when making operational decisions and not exposure our firefighters or officers to the same situations that we would have 20 or even 10 years ago. when they were more experienced compared to the firefighters of today.

Sometimes it takes more courage to say "no" and keep them out of those situations than to say "yes" and bow to the expectations of the public and the internal expectations of the fire service culture.

I may be overprotective but I would rather be too cautious than too aggressive. It works for me.

Comment

There, I fixed it for you.
                              Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

I may be overprotective but I would rather be too cautious than too aggressive. It works for me.
                                Call it whatever you want to; but the moral of the story is that your posts in the past, in a pathetic attempt to try and sell your excuse of self-rightousness to the rest of us blew up in your face, and you were called out for being precisely what you are: A yellow-spined coward who (by their own admittance) would leave someone to die, and who would use the excuse of self-preservation as an excuse to do it.

Where I come from, and I am sure I speak for each and every other person on here (and they may feel free to correct me if I am wrong, however I do not expect to be corrected very much) you bust your ***, you take some bruises, cuts, sprains, you take some heat, you grind yourself even lower into the floor, YOU DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO to try and extend yourself in order to save a life. Once you have exhausted any and all efforts, then you TRY AGAIN and you KEEP TRYING. And that ALSO means doing it in another jurisdiction where the AHJ is not on scene yet- and you take their request "that you not act" and tell them to shove it up their a s s e s!!!! (although it makes more and more sense that they have asked you guys not to act......)

If it were up to you, you would pull up on scene with light smoke showing, and ask a person hanging from a window "Are your smoke detectors working? No? Ok we're outta here." Why can't you just admit you are a coward? Wouldn't it be so much easier than all this back-pedaling and story telling?

Oh, and once again....What we call dedication, courage, and aggression; you call a punchline to a sick joke.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X