packs on the roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deluge059 View Post
    "WE VOLUNTEERS DON'T NEED PACKS! WE'll SHOW THOSE CAREER GUYS WHATS UP" *Chugs Beer*
    What the hell is this about? Fool.

On topic. I'll admit to wearing the pack, but I may/may not mask up. Depends on what the fire is like and what I find when I'm up there.
    Last edited by ChiefKN; 10-09-2010, 01:26 PM.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by DixieFire53 View Post
      Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.
      lol.....I raise your with
      Last edited by nyckftbl; 10-09-2010, 06:29 PM.
      Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

Originally posted by nyckftbl View Post
        lol.....I raise your with
        Sorry..... I couldn't help myself
        DixieFire53, Deputy Fire Chief FF/EMT-P, Local 272

Comment

Last edited by Deluge059; 08-10-2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Its called a Joke, but you white hats don't have a sense of humor.
            Bad joke.

I have a sense of humor, I responded to your post, didn't I?
            I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Its called a Joke, but you white hats don't have a sense of humor.
              His hat's yellow. Look at the picture.

duh
              Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny46 View Post
                I heard there's a lot that doesn't happen around your parts.
                nice!

to RFDACM02,
                Excellent post, couldn't say it better myself, especially the last part about training to what conditions present, not on absolute rules.

to deputy marshal,
                I've been trained with them on and off on all different kinds of peaked roofs multiple times. It sucks to have it on plain and simple,obviously no one can argue that it is EASIER to have it on while making a roof. I don't care if all you did was wake up in the morning and make roofs all day and night,everyday of your life, not having on a pack makes it easier, and in some points, safer. AT THE SAME TIME, there are critical points where having it ON can be a huge safety asset especially in a very crucial moment even if it wasn't the cause of you being placed in that moment. hence, the debate
                "The third reason we are fighting is because men like to fight. They always have and they always will. Some sophists and other crackpots deny that. They don't know what they're talking about. They are either goddamned fools or cowards, or both. Men like to fight, and if they don't they're not real men. "-Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

Hey ravage, are you on the Chicago Fire Department?

Because if you are your avatar and location sure seem to imply you are.
                  Crazy, but that's how it goes
                  Millions of people living as foes
                  Maybe it's not too late
                  To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
                    Hey ravage, are you on the Chicago Fire Department?

Because if you are your avatar and location sure seem to imply you are.
                    HELL NO im not, REAL REAL close, but no. i live in chicago, and work REAL close to chicago, but no i dont work for CFD...yet...lol hopeully one day fyredup...
                    "The third reason we are fighting is because men like to fight. They always have and they always will. Some sophists and other crackpots deny that. They don't know what they're talking about. They are either goddamned fools or cowards, or both. Men like to fight, and if they don't they're not real men. "-Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by ravage17 View Post
                      nice!
                      Thanks, I appreciate that.
                      Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

Well let's see...why are on you the roof to begin with? To cut a hole for smoke, heat and fire to come through. All of which I do not like the idea of breathing. This doesn't even consider the possibility of falling through.

Pack up, mask up, take a flashlight if you have to.
                        Career Firefighter
                        Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                        I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
                          Well let's see...why are on you the roof to begin with? To cut a hole for smoke, heat and fire to come through. All of which I do not like the idea of breathing. This doesn't even consider the possibility of falling through.

Pack up, mask up, take a flashlight if you have to.
                          A flashlight?

There's a thought. I was on an auto alarm with a neighboring department the other morning, and offered the guy that was checking out the alarm a flashlight - it was dark out, power had been pulled in the house. He advised me that he "was a firefighter and used to walking around in the smoke" and refused the light.

Others on his department and I sat upstairs waiting for his report... He is my hero! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301
                            ...he "was a firefighter and used to walking around in the smoke" and refused the light.
                            How long did it take you to find him?
                            HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Yikes, I didn't even know this was a debatable subject anymore, but I guess that's why I could never work on the East Coast. Every department I've ever been a part of (most admittedly West Coast), being caught on the roof without being masked up was the same as being caught going in to a structure fire without a pack on. First time, written reprimand and possible shift off without pay. If you were silly enough to try it a second time, you'd likely be looking for a new job.

Comment

Originally posted by PaladinKnight View Post
                                How long did it take you to find him?

I was released before he came back up. Notification and then it is his Chiefs problem. LOL

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X