Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    FYI.... Charlie D is the Scarecrow...
    I am sure you are correct on this. Back again under a new name.

Hey web team!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

• Originally posted by nameless View Post
      not as quickly or efficently as a big hole in the peaked roof. Especially under fire conditions. Maybe once the fire is knocked down, but with superheated gasses and radiant heat pouring into the area nothing beats a hole.
      I can guarantee a horizontal vent is MUCH quicker and nearly as efficient.

And "especially under fire conditions"? Why else are you cutting a hole?
      Last edited by nyckftbl; 10-14-2010, 01:38 PM.
      Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

• good truckmen can open up a peaked roof very quickly. It happens in the North East all the time by guys that work on steep pitches everyday. Horizontal vent is good, but it can't clear out the area above the window too well.

Comment

good truckmen can open up a peaked roof very quickly. It happens in the North East all the time by guys that work on steep pitches everyday. Horizontal vent is good, but it can't clear out the area above the window too well.
          There is no way you are going to argue horizontally venting a window or gable vent is slower than cutting a roof, are you?
          Last edited by nyckftbl; 10-14-2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• I never said that, so lets not assume things. For a little extra time you can create a giant hole in the roof. For how well that hole ventilates the peaked roof, the extra time is worth it in many circumstances.

From the sounds of it, why do you guys vent any roofs? Sounds like to you its just a slow slow process.

Comment

I never said that, so lets not assume things. For a little extra time you can create a giant hole in the roof. For how well that hole ventilates the peaked roof, the extra time is worth it in many circumstances.

From the sounds of it, why do you guys vent any roofs? Sounds like to you its just a slow slow process.
              Your first paragraph and second paragraph combined make for a funny read....but maybe I shouldnt assume you meant it to be that way.

Im not assuming anything, btw....you wrote that it was quicker to cut a hole.

Maybe your engine companies are just too slow?

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlieD View Post
                Thank you. Sometimes it takes someone from the country to speak common sense. If it's a fire call, an air pack is always on, regardless of what I see or smell to confirm otherwise. What if you were to jump of the engine and find yourself in a hazardous environment?
                Banned member has returned again with a 6th new account. This is CDevoe, aka BeerGod, aka HotTrotter aka Scarecrow57 aka Crowscare_ Devoe57. Please ban this account again.
                Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

• Originally posted by nmfire View Post
                  Banned member has returned again with a 6th new account. This is CDevoe, aka BeerGod, aka HotTrotter aka Scarecrow57 aka Crowscare_ Devoe57. Please ban this account again.
                  Curse you, proxy IP!
                  Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by nmfire View Post

The Webteam will be right on it..

MAN, I slay me! LOL

Rockytop!

Comment

• Midwest.

Pitched and flat get vented here whether it is 100 degrees or -50.

Some guys where packs some don't depending on the job.

What is a saw by the way? Must be nice!!! Last truck company I worked on didn't even have one (doesn't say much for the city here but we all have our issues). Be great with the old school tools because they work. Get yourself an 8 pounder (axe, sledge, maul) and get comfortable with it.
                      Jerry Stewart
                      Firefighter Engine Company No. 44
                      Licensed Paramedic State of Michigan
                      [email protected]
                      (313) 732 7377
                      Detroit Fire Department Local 344

Comment

• Originally posted by detroitfire1552 View Post
                        Midwest.

Pitched and flat get vented here whether it is 100 degrees or -50.

Some guys where packs some don't depending on the job.

What is a saw by the way? Must be nice!!! Last truck company I worked on didn't even have one (doesn't say much for the city here but we all have our issues). Be great with the old school tools because they work. Get yourself an 8 pounder (axe, sledge, maul) and get comfortable with it.
                        Not everyone makes a hundred fires every day. Some of us watch Mythbusters marathons.
                        Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnny46 View Post
                          Not everyone makes a hundred fires every day. Some of us watch Mythbusters marathons.
                          Touche' Johnny, Touche'
                          Jerry Stewart
                          Firefighter Engine Company No. 44
                          Licensed Paramedic State of Michigan
                          [email protected]
                          (313) 732 7377
                          Detroit Fire Department Local 344

Comment

• Every time I sit down to watch one(marathon)the Tones go off,hehe T.C.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnny46 View Post
                              Or Deadliest Catch

Comment

• Originally posted by MassFireGuy View Post
                                Or Deadliest Catch
                                Ax Men is the station favorite where I work.
                                Career Firefighter
                                Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                                I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X