Tractor trailer hits well placed engine protecting the scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
    Did you notice that your Photo was taken from an altitude high enough to see the Earth's Curve on the Horizon?...... Neat, I'll bet Gonz hasn't gotten his Piper Cub or whatever up that high yet....... Gonz? Rebuttal??.....
    Harve... I've never flown in a Piper Cub... Cessna 152's and 172's, with a Waco open ****pit biplane and a Robinson R22 helo for good measure...

The Cessna 172''s service ceiling is about 13K to 18K, depending on the version.

Flight lessons.. the highest I've flown is 5300 feet.

That picture of the KC10, F16's and F15 is beautiful...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by voyager9 View Post
      Tanker
      oooooooo,GOOD FLICK! T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by EastKyFF View Post
        Lots of options out there.
        LOL. I love it. There's been times where we've needed those. We used to have a real bad section of road under a railroad bridge that flooded, and I can't count how many times I watched drivers almost hit the firefighters directing traffic.
        "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
          Harve... I've never flown in a Piper Cub... Cessna 152's and 172's, with a Waco open ****pit biplane and a Robinson R22 helo for good measure...

The Cessna 172''s service ceiling is about 13K to 18K, depending on the version.

Flight lessons.. the highest I've flown is 5300 feet.

That picture of the KC10, F16's and F15 is beautiful...
          Cherokee in a descent from 12.5 to landing @ sea level. 220kts GS over the outer banks into Kitty Hawk.
          Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
            Cherokee in a descent from 12.5 to landing @ sea level. 220kts GS over the outer banks into Kitty Hawk.
            Cool...

Harve has been to Kitty Hawk... Orville and Wilbur used his tractor to retrieve the Wright Flyer!
            ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Cool...

Harve has been to Kitty Hawk... Orville and Wilbur used his tractor to retrieve the Wright Flyer!
              He was the original ARFF!
              Career Firefighter
              Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
              I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Cool...

Gonz... the story evolved into Harve used a tractor to retrieve the Wright Flyer.

You remember when the movie came out? There was that big outcry about Hollywood not sticking to the actual events. Now even the history books are all wrong on what really happened.

Harve was still using plow horses in those days (1903). He didn't buy the tractor until 15 years later (1918).
                Attached Files
                HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Cool...

HAHAHAHA. And perhaps it was the rotoray on his tractor that inspired the helicopter?

Comment

Damn..............

HAHAHAHA. And perhaps it was the rotoray on his tractor that inspired the helicopter?

Perceptive Little Guy aren't you???........
                    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                    In memory of
                    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

My mommy says I'm special.

And I was totally just on youtube hoping to find a some sparkwacker with a lawnmower equipped with a powercall siren Sadly, nobody has done that yet. Or at least nobody with a video camera.

Comment

My mommy says I'm special.

And I was totally just on youtube hoping to find a some sparkwacker with a lawnmower equipped with a powercall siren Sadly, nobody has done that yet. Or at least nobody with a video camera.
                        We have a paraplegic Hispanic kid in the downtown area who has an enormous boom box with a sub-woofer speaker mounted on his powered wheelchair....
                        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

At least you can hear him coming...
                          HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Originally posted by PaladinKnight View Post
                            And going....
                            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Yeah...........

Originally posted by PaladinKnight View Post
                              Unlike Responding Apparatus............

("But Your Honor, I didn't hear no MFin Far Truk")..............
                              Last edited by hwoods; 10-08-2010, 08:46 AM.
                              In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Hmmmm.........

We have a paraplegic Hispanic kid in the downtown area who has an enormous boom box with a sub-woofer speaker mounted on his powered wheelchair....

Bet he ain't playing Hank Williams and Patsy Cline either...........
                                In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X