Amazing Audio of Finance Meting in Oak Brook, IL "Fire a fireman a month"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Audio of Finance Meting in Oak Brook, IL "Fire a fireman a month"

"Fire the firemen and their wives will leave them and their dogs will die. Fire one a month at noon on the first", said at a finance meeting on September 22, 2010

The audio was up on the Oak Brook website but has been taken down, now it can be found at: http://statter911.com/

The first voice you hear is village president John Craig.

The "citizens advisory committee" is delusional.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

The worst part is that no one spoke out against him. To me, this is slander. It's a public statement that the firefighters would take criminally negligent action against him in the event of an emergency.
      Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

Hopefully the Local President has already contacted the International. I think a pre-emotive strike is in order.

Those damn fireman that had the foresight to put safeguards in place to protect their futures.

Hopefully, it doesn't come to this boards recommendations, but if so, I hope they get the same thing Uniontown, PA got.......would serve this board right.
        RK
        cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by MemphisE34a View Post
          Hopefully the Local President has already contacted the International. I think a pre-emotive strike is in order.

Those damn fireman that had the foresight to put safeguards in place to protect their futures.

Hopefully, it doesn't come to this boards recommendations, but if so, I hope they get the same thing Uniontown, PA got.......would serve this board right.
          Not an IAFF local

Teamsters

http://tiny.cc/ddmrl

Comment

What i find totally disgusting about this audio recording is that the public officials not only are dumping on their own fire department tasked with protecting their lives and property. but they are also advocating putting their own citizens and workers out on the streets to show the other people a lesson. That to me is totally disrespectful and disgusting. If you want to downsize your force because you truely cannot afford it thats fine and dandy you have to do what has to be done, but to fire people, and advocate making them homeless because you dont like the chief or his policies or whatever is not the right thing to do. Maybe the fire department should start a petition to get these so called "leaders" thrown out and put them on the streets. i wonder how well they would enjoy a little turn of the tables.

Comment

Oak Brook Firefighters are now affiliated as IAFF Local 4646.
              IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

It makes you upset when you listen to that recording. It makes you sick when you look at how much money is floating around in a village of 9,000 people.

These are a bunch of wealthy people who pay no property taxes on their huge mansions and are talking about firefighters as if they are migrant workers.

The rest is taken from the Oak Brook website.

Oak Brook is a premier community, with spacious, prestigious residential areas and a beautiful commercial district. Oak Brook also serves as the headquarters for many national and international companies and organizations, including McDonald's Corporation, Ace Hardware, Federal Signal Corporation, Blistex and Lions Clubs International.

Property owners pay no property tax to the Village, as Village services are funded primarily by sales tax receipts.

Median Family Income: $169,718
                Median Home Value: $635,400

EAV Year 2008 - $1,797,096,011 (compared to the Illinois village I work in with twice the population $333,178,000)

2008 budget $46.8 million

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
                  Oak Brook Firefighters are now affiliated as IAFF Local 4646.
                  Thanks - correction made.

Mike

Comment

And the per capita benefit of firing a 100,000 dollar a year firefighter?

Wow. What savings.
                    Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

Actually, the only thing surprising to me is the fact that they allowed themselves to be recorded spouting such idiotic drivel.
                      Crazy, but that's how it goes
                      Millions of people living as foes
                      Maybe it's not too late
                      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Originally posted by MikeWard View Post
                        Thanks - correction made.

Mike
                        I actually forgot they went IAFF myself. They were Teamster for a long time. I will say this. The police and firefighter pension funds in Illinois are funded directly through the taxpayers as part of our property taxes. For any Illinois municipality to claim it is the pension funds fault that the city is in financial trouble is a blatant lie. Our state union association, the Associated Firefighters of Illinois and our president Pat Devaney have been traveling the state and writing op ed pieces explaining that the firefighter pension funds are not the problem. One of the most important pieces of legislation that was passed in Illinois in my opinion was the one that changed the way money was delivered to the firefighters pension funds. Instead of the funds going the city and the city holding on "borrowing" and playing with the money, it now goes directly from the county to the pension fund. There are pension funds in trouble because the local government didnt pay what they were supposed to into the fund.
                        IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

there is going to be a strong firefighter presence at the next village board meeting. i have spoken with many of the guys attending and have seen how fired up they are. i, personally, have gone to a few of these meetings. i know that the comments made were absolutely ridiculous, and borderline evil. we need to stand our ground and help our brothers in oak brook with a strong showing, however.... we need to make sure that we dont justify their "street people" statement with inappropriate behaviors. lets stand our ground together and make our points with numbers, support, and integrity. every village, town, and city in the area is crying broke and weve all heard comments like this before. at least with the publicity that these comments have received, oak brook, and its residents have an opportunity and a leg to stand on to fight for their ffs

Comment

MAYBE fire a FEW USELESS Council members. T.C.

Comment

Is there feedback from the community about the "citizens advisory committee's" comments?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X