QUESTION for firefighting file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUESTION for firefighting file

I am a young guy from china, and wonder strongly whether you guys would making a firefighting file about the whole spot firefighting or not. thanks.
    IN china, there are many notes about the spot firefighting,such as firefighting record, video and tapes, and handover notes. Are there any spot notes during you firefighting activities, and would you tidy it?

I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Simply, yes. I have a dog named Spot and I like to file it, the whole Spot. Sometimes I record, video and tapes, and handover notes.. but I cannot share those with you, they are a bit private and I don't think the wife would like it.

Comment

I'd love to help you out, but I'm not sure which way you came in.
        I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Welcome to the forums, chenjian.

I think you might be the first member from China, although I know there are/were a few from Asia in general, but I can't recall exactly where they were from.

Guys, I may regret this, but I think he's legitimate and just having a hard time expressing himself in English.
          September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
          IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
          Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
            Guys, I may regret this, but I think he's legitimate and just having a hard time expressing himself in English.
            I'm sure he's legitimate, I still don't know what he's asking...
            Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
            Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
            Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
            — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

I am going to try and guess here. Using my experience with native speakers of German, I'm guessing you used a synonym of the word you really wanted to use. That's the problem with English, so many words mean the same thing and at the same time each word can have multiple meanings depending on context. What you wrote doesn't really make too much sense. There are about three or four things it could mean.

Are you asking about an incident report for a possible arson, or trying to put together a resume, or asking about spot fires?

Comment

Is he maybe talking about wildland fires or something?

Comment

Originally posted by dmleblanc View Post
                  I'm sure he's legitimate, I still don't know what he's asking...
                  Sorta like when I go to south Louisiana ..........
                  Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

My college professor will be proud of me (she despises online dictionaries with a fiery, hot passion and loathes online translators even more). I knew that spot was the out of place word so I looked up spot in an online Chinese-english dictionary. The word that it said meant spot also meant department. Maybe he's talking about department wide statistics.

Comment

Rosetta Stone?
                      RK
                      cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

So sorry about misundersantanding

Originally posted by Chen Jian View Post
                        I am a young guy from china, and wonder strongly whether you guys would making a firefighting file about the whole spot firefighting or not. thanks.
                        IN china, there are many notes about the spot firefighting,such as firefighting record, video and tapes, and handover notes. Are there any spot notes during you firefighting activities, and would you tidy it?
                        There are big difference on firefighting behavior between CHINA and USA. What I wanna to say is the document consisting of many notes, papers, record, viodeo, which would process after a fire is put out. What i wanna is the notes, paper, writing about the whole firefighting.
                        DO I make me understood this time?

Comment

There are big difference on firefighting behavior between CHINA and USA. What I wanna to say is the document consisting of many notes, papers, record, viodeo, which would process after a fire is put out. What i wanna is the notes, paper, writing about the whole firefighting.
                          Do ya think We should point him towards the NFIRS database?
                          Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by KanFireman View Post
                            Are you asking about an incident report for a possible arson, or trying to put together a resume, or asking about spot fires?
                            Thank you for your help!
                            Yes, I am asking about an firefighting report which is more detailed than you have describled.

Comment

Not legit...Also, the smilie on 2 posts and we speak the language...
                              Am I being effective in my efforts or am I merely showing up in my fireman costume to watch a house burn down?” (Joe Brown, www.justlookingbusy.wordpress.com)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X