X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chlorinated Water

I wasnt sure where to post this.
    Random question.

If a department drafts from a pool and then uses that on a fire. Will the chemicals in the water create any adverse effects such as vapors?

My one instructor said nothing happens because our drinking water has chemicals too but I pointed out that it is much stronger in pools.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by 1573 View Post
    Random question.

If a department drafts from a pool and then uses that on a fire. Will the chemicals in the water create any adverse effects such as vapors?

My one instructor said nothing happens because our drinking water has chemicals too but I pointed out that it is much stronger in pools.

Any thoughts?
    No problems.

Comment

Random question.

Any thoughts?
      The EPA/envirowackos will require a environmental impact statement. Fire will be out (for 2 years) by the time you're done.

Perhaps hazardous biproducts of combustion signifiancant outweigh any other considerations? See also no fires allowed start until the EPA approves. There might be some nasty asbestos within 10miles that will destroy life as we know it.

Comment

Random question.

Any thoughts?
        There shouldn't be any problems. Think of it this way, it the chemicals in the pool don't affect our skin when we swim in the pools, how much of impact could it really have when applied to a burning building?

Comment

There will be no problems.
          Career Firefighter
          Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
          I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

There will be some vapor from the chemicals as the water evaporates, but not anything to be worried about.

Comment

No problems...
              HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

What about the fluoride in the water that comes out of hydrants?
                RK
                cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by MemphisE34a View Post
                  That stuff will make your teeth rot

Comment

What about river water??

Comment

What if???
                      HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnee View Post
                        What about river water??
                        depends, some rivers it'll make the fire worse.

Comment

Originally posted by MemphisE34a View Post
                          The flouride in the water will cause -MESSAGE REDACTED-.
                          Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnee View Post
                            What about river water??
                            Never mind the rivers, we've got some ponds whose water will almost leave the fire scene worse than the fire itself...
                            Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Originally posted by tree68 View Post
                              never mind the rivers, we've got some ponds whose water will almost leave the fire scene worse than the fire itself...
                              fact spoken! T.c,

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X