Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSOB benefits and NFPA

Hey guys,

Quick question. If a firefighter was to die in the line of duty and is using OSHA gear (department is only OSHA), will the Department of Justice deny PSOB benefits without wearing NFPA standard PPE gear? Also if they are wearing all NFPA gear but the SCBA from the department is OSHA certified will that also disqualify from PSOB benefits? Thanks so much!

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/BJA/grant/psob/psob_main.html

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/BJA/pubs/PSOBFS/index.html

Good luck getting anything useful out of it.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
    sigpic
    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Originally posted by spenca7 View Post
      Hey guys,

Quick question. If a firefighter was to die in the line of duty and is using OSHA gear (department is only OSHA), will the Department of Justice deny PSOB benefits without wearing NFPA standard PPE gear? Also if they are wearing all NFPA gear but the SCBA from the department is OSHA certified will that also disqualify from PSOB benefits? Thanks so much!
      Did you ever get an answer to this??? I'd like to know....

Comment

Originally posted by spenca7 View Post
        Hey guys,

Need to divulge a bit more info. When and why did the dept buy OSHA compliant SCBA?
        Am I being effective in my efforts or am I merely showing up in my fireman costume to watch a house burn down?” (Joe Brown, www.justlookingbusy.wordpress.com)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X