This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 hr. pro's & con's

Our union body is starting to consider switching from the 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off schedule to the 24 hour on, 24 off, 24 on,5 day off schedule. I would appreciate any and all considerations about this either pro or con. But I would request you name your staffing level and approximate overtime amounts if you can.
    Thanks in advance from PFD E-3 the" NAVY SEALS"

We have that exact schedule and I really like it. It gives you quite a lot of time for side jobs or vacations. You will find that you will begin to miss work - I know it sounds crazy. 24 hour shifts also gives you the oppertunity to know your crew in a way you never could just 8 or 12 hours a day. This is both good and bad but never-the-less it makes for a tighter crew.
    As far as our staffing levels go we have 3500 FF's spread among four shifts at 86 stations. Right now we are in a sort of staffing crisis. Most engines and ladders roll with only 3 members - figuring call ins (sick) and vacations there is plenty of overtime to be had. All in all 24hours 2 days a week is hard to beat.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X