Bunker storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunker storage

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013, 12:40 PM.

Its ok I guess. FWIW, I never have used a bag. I just carry my gear as it is.

The coat goes in between the boots and the helmet is hook to one of the snaps of the coat.

I find that is just as easy to carry it from the coat rack to the pov if I go to another house filling in.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

I actually was given one of these as a gift. One of the best gifts i have gotten in regards to fire related stuff. The belt to hold everything together works well for filling in at other stations or when going to a class or something of that nature. The part i use every day, is that little red section with all the hooks and clips. In my department we switch back and forth from the enigne to the quint depending on the call. sometimes an item will get left on the other truck (ugly but it happens). I clip my helmet, mask bag, traffic vest all hooked to it. When switching I grab my pants, coat and that red strap and everything is all together. Helps alot for those 3 AM runs.

I have to admit if i was not given it as a gift I probly would not have spent the money. But after all I kind of a tight wad as some people call it.

Comment

My only issue with them is the fact it does not protect you, your car and anywhere you put the gear, from the gear. If your gear is dirty, anything it brushes up against will then get dirty. At least with a bag, the dirt is contained. So forget the back seat of your car for example. It also offers no protection against UV light whereever you then leave you gear.

I do like the idea though.

Comment

I just wear mine all the time. It's the easiet way.
          Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
              Its ok I guess. FWIW, I never have used a bag. I just carry my gear as it is.

The coat goes in between the boots and the helmet is hook to one of the snaps of the coat.

I find that is just as easy to carry it from the coat rack to the pov if I go to another house filling in.
              I do the exact same thing cap.

Comment

Originally posted by WD6956 View Post
                My only issue with them is the fact it does not protect you, your car and anywhere you put the gear, from the gear. If your gear is dirty, anything it brushes up against will then get dirty. At least with a bag, the dirt is contained. So forget the back seat of your car for example. It also offers no protection against UV light whereever you then leave you gear.

I do like the idea though.
                That is why if you are going to transport your gear use a tarp to set it on and wrap it around it to project it from the UV and other junk.

Comment

Originally posted by BW21 View Post
                  That is why if you are going to transport your gear use a tarp to set it on and wrap it around it to project it from the UV and other junk.
                  Or i could just use a bag which acts like wrapping a tarp around this gear belt system?

That is my whole point. A bag solves all those issues.

Comment

Originally posted by WD6956 View Post
                    Or i could just use a bag which acts like wrapping a tarp around this gear belt system?

That is my whole point. A bag solves all those issues.
                    Yeah but who wants to spend the money? :-p

Comment

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BW21 View Post
                        Yeah but who wants to spend the money? :-p
                        Actually unless you have one giant bag, it usually takes two bags to haul all the ppe stuff.
                        Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
                          Actually unless you have one giant bag, it usually takes two bags to haul all the ppe stuff.
                          OR a GIANT bag on wheels. Ya they make one. T.C.

Comment

A bag will help prolong the life of the gear

The strap doesn't offer any UV protection for the gear and we all know sunlight breaks the gear down. If you keep it in a trunk out of sunlight it would be fine. I would opt for a larger bag. Mine is in the bunker gear cave at the station, we are allowed to POV but I personally try to refrain from it.

Comment

It is just a way for the company to get yout 35 or 40 dollars.... If you have so much stuff that you cannot cayy it like the capt said, you have too much stuff. If your worried about the dirty gear, buy a bag. Otherwise, my advice is to put it in your trunk, or on the floor of your truck or whatever. Yes I am sure the gear is dirty, but is it really much more dirty that the door handle at your local McDonalds???

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X