Expectations from Company Officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations from Company Officers

I'm looking for the expectations a Company Officer may give his firefighters when they start with his crew. If you have a list that could be emailed or copied, that would be great or if you have one or two to add on here, that would be helpful as well.

Ask Tommy this!

Comment

Definitely! Got those. Just reaching out to see if there are some unique ones out there. Be safe Dude!

Comment

Spencer,

You don't have PMs enabled, so either enable them, list an email, or send me another way to send you the one I have.

Comment

Here is something I came up for my crew.. it's simple..

The 4 C's

C heck all equipment (absolutely everything -- including the hose lays, discard and replace anything out of date.)
          C lean the bay and station ( just the basics.. and whatever the daily chore is )
          C onstantly train and prepare for the worst on any incident ( Most of us don't fight 12 fires or work 12 full arrests a shift but if we practice it 12 times a day we will be as good as a crew who does. )
          C ook gooood food.

I don't expect much.. I'm pretty laid back as far as officers are concerned.. so take it however you want.

Good luck!

Comment

Messages.....

Check your messages and reply.....
            "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

The best thing for you to do is to sit down and figure out what it is that you want the probie to know and do.. Remember you set the pace for his development. What were the expectations of the Officers you worked for? What did you like and you feel worked, and what did you not like and know wasn't so helpful to your development as a young firefighter. Once you answer those questions make a list. This is a good way of solving this problem of what should be expected of the probie.. Once the list is made have a sit down with the probie and explain the expectation you have for him during his first year on the job, also sit down with the rest of the crew so they know what it is you want to see from the probie so you are all on the same page in the probies devlopment.
              One bit of caution with this post. Remember Fire Depts are very different all around this great country. What works for one place may not fit where you work.. Be careful with pre-made lists of probie responsiblities. Just do what fit your dept from your experiences.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. If you have something you could send to [email protected], it would be greatly appreciated. Just put "CO expectations" in the subject line so I dont delete it.

Comment

Below are a few articles from Lt. Christopher Flatley that may be of interest:

http://www.firehouse.com/topic/leade...-team-building
                  http://www.firehouse.com/topic/leade...leaders-listen

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...