Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advancing the line

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Advancing the line

    Im a noobie wondering who has the responsibility of advancing the hose into the burning building, and is it something that changes?

  • #2
    We usually cut cards.
    ?

    Comment


    • #3
      Rock, paper, scissors.
      Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

      Comment


      • #4
        Screaming "DIBS!" when the tones go off is a best practice.

        Comment


        • #5
          Scream "Not it", the Last one to say it loses.
          Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

          Comment


          • #6
            First one to the nozzle after running around the truck 3 times. Make sure to have all your PPE on or you will have to do it again.

            -Damien

            Comment


            • #7
              Fire side has the line.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GrigsVI View Post
                Im a noobie wondering who has the responsibility of advancing the hose into the burning building, and is it something that changes?
                It is usually the member that the Officer says that will be on the nob. Most time it is someone who isn't new and that has some experience in firefighting. The new member is right behind that member and the Officer is behind the new member.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hm, let me see...since I normally ride on a 3 person Quint, and I am the only firefighter, with an MPO and my Captain, I advanced the attack line.
                  Crazy, but that's how it goes
                  Millions of people living as foes
                  Maybe it's not too late
                  To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
                    Hm, let me see...since I normally ride on a 3 person Quint, and I am the only firefighter, with an MPO and my Captain, I advanced the attack line.
                    The ONE and ONLY advantage of a three person company. There is a rarely any fight for the line. Although, I've seen plenty of officers try and snatch it at the door!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MBarnes View Post
                      The ONE and ONLY advantage of a three person company. There is a rarely any fight for the line. Although, I've seen plenty of officers try and snatch it at the door!

                      Once I have the line good luck getting it from me...
                      Crazy, but that's how it goes
                      Millions of people living as foes
                      Maybe it's not too late
                      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We always try to have the guy who's got the least amount of experience and who has had the most to drink prior to the call.

                        It also helps if he's a free-lancer and doesn't have all of his PPE properly fastened and in place.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          the truck takes the line while the engine goes to the roof

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            ... the best way to get the knob is to walk up to the guy sitting at the door and knock his regulator off and jank it from him :-P

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My engine has jobs assigned to the seat.. Plugman rides behind the driver, Nozzleman rides behind the officer.

                              -Damien

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X