Thermal Imaging Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Imaging Camera

Our department has 2 Scott Eagle TICs and we are looking to purchase a third camera. The problem is we don't have the roughly 8 grand that we paid for the last one. We love the Scotts and they are great camera but we are looking for something more hand held and cheaper. Budget is about $4000 any suggestions?

Speak to your vendor and ask if any demo cameras are availible. Many manufacturers loan out their cameras for training and can no longer sell them as new. You may get last years model but does it really matter?

Comment

we have not really got that far in the conversations for demos yet but we really dont have a lot of experience with anything else but the Scotts and i just want to see if anyone has any suggestions on other brands like that are just as good but not as expensive.

Comment

There is the bullard eclipse. Under 5k, nice camera, but a lot smaller than
        what you are used to.

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
          There is the bullard eclipse. Under 5k, nice camera, but a lot smaller than
          what you are used to.
          As I recall, intended for the day when every FF carries his own TIC. We're looking at it as well - we can just about get two for the price of one.
          Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Originally posted by jfTL41 View Post
            Speak to your vendor and ask if any demo cameras are availible. Many manufacturers loan out their cameras for training and can no longer sell them as new. You may get last years model but does it really matter?
            Yeah and alot of other places will give them away for a tax write off.. they do this with generators and power tools as well.. just look around.

Comment

And..........

We have, and use the heck out of, the MSA TICs. MSA makes a good product and our local MSA rep stands behind his products. I would also agree with the "Try to buy a Demo" line of thinking. There could be a real good deal waiting somewhere......
              Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
              In memory of
              Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
              Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X