Leather: Conway or Sam Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather: Conway or Sam Houston

Hello brothers and sisters. I'm currently in the market for a leather helmet and would like some opinions on which one I should spend my hard earned money on. My department requires that the helmet be NFPA approved so I know I am down to the N6A or the Paul Conway leather and don't really know which one I want to invest in. If you guys have ever used one or even both please feel free to respond. Thank you guys.

The Phenix TL2 is also NFPA approved.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

I have had both the conway and phenix over time. conway is a block, waaaayyyyyy too heavy. My vote would have to havr a write in candidate, phenix TL2
      Am I being effective in my efforts or am I merely showing up in my fireman costume to watch a house burn down?” (Joe Brown, www.justlookingbusy.wordpress.com)

Comment

Would also put a vote in for the phenix leather I purchased one for my volunteer department and another for work and I love it.

Comment

Phenix TL-2

I've got a Phenix for sale if your interested. It's a completely unused 2008 with all the right stickers... email me at [email protected]

Comment

Not a choice, but if your gonna spend the money get yourself a Phenix TL-2 ! Damn fine leather !!!

Comment

Originally posted by JayburgeyENG25 View Post
              Hello brothers and sisters. I'm currently in the market for a leather helmet and would like some opinions on which one I should spend my hard earned money on. My department requires that the helmet be NFPA approved so I know I am down to the N6A or the Paul Conway leather and don't really know which one I want to invest in. If you guys have ever used one or even both please feel free to respond. Thank you guys.
              How many places are you going to ask this question?
              Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

actually didn't mean to post it on the other forum. not sure why it matter anyways.

Comment

Another vote for a Phenix.
                  Career Firefighter
                  Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                  I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

actually didn't mean to post it on the other forum. not sure why it matter anyways.
                    It does matter as you should post in the appropriate thread section and not like a shotgun approach.

Do yourself a favor and do a search on this by using the search feature shown on the dark line above. I am sure you will find many posts and answers to this old tired question.

Comment

If you don't like it then don't look! There are plenty of other things for you to look at on this site. There is always someone that feels the need to be a smartass. I guess you fit that mold. Regardless of how its posted it doesn't matter to you or affect your everyday life because I didn't specifically ask you. You chose to comment when you could have just ignored the "tired" question. And if you read the first comment I said that I didn't mean to post it on that section. Get a grip dude.
                      Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
                      It does matter as you should post in the appropriate thread section and not like a shotgun approach.

Do yourself a favor and do a search on this by using the search feature shown on the dark line above. I am sure you will find many posts and answers to this old tired question.

Comment

If you don't like it then don't look! There are plenty of other things for you to look at on this site. There is always someone that feels the need to be a smartass. I guess you fit that mold. Regardless of how its posted it doesn't matter to you or affect your everyday life because I didn't specifically ask you. You chose to comment when you could have just ignored the "tired" question. And if you read the first comment I said that I didn't mean to post it on that section. Get a grip dude.

Easy Sonny. I didn't mean to get you all upset, I was pointing out a few things. Far be from me to help you and other newbies again!

Also watch that tone with me too kid!

Comment

Here you are rook!

`
                          Attached Files

Comment

I FEEL MY TONE WAS FINE!!! I wanted more recent opinions thats why I asked. If I wanted to go with opinions from 4 years ago I wouldn't have bothered. Not sure how much you helped though. Everything you have said has been critical.
                            Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
                            Easy Sonny. I didn't mean to get you all upset, I was pointing out a few things. Far be from me to help you and other newbies again!

Also watch that tone with me too kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnee View Post
                              Here you are rook!

`
                              Oh Yeah,there's still some season left. T.c.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X