Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few building construction classification questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few building construction classification questions.

Hey guys, a couple clarification questions...

1) If the bar joists in a non combustible building are protected by a suspended ceiling is the building considered to be fire resistive?

2)If a non combustible (bar joist and block) building is fully protected with a sprinkler system then is the building classified as fire resistive.

Thanks

Originally posted by Golzy12 View Post
    Hey guys, a couple clarification questions...

1) If the bar joists in a non combustible building are protected by a suspended ceiling is the building considered to be fire resistive?

2)If a non combustible (bar joist and block) building is fully protected with a sprinkler system then is the building classified as fire resistive.

Thanks
    No and no.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Agreed with the chief. The structural members themselves need to have a protective coating.
      Career Firefighter
      Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
      I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
        Agreed with the chief. The structural members themselves need to have a protective coating.
        Close. They need to be protected with a listed system of some kind. A fire resistive "coating" is one such system.
        "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
        sigpic
        The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
          Close. They need to be protected with a listed system of some kind. A fire resistive "coating" is one such system.
          True. I think we can agree though that coating the members themselves is the most common way of doing this.
          Career Firefighter
          Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
          I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
            True. I think we can agree though that coating the members themselves is the most common way of doing this.
            The dreaded "flung dung" fire resistive coating...

Honestly, I don't know if I'd go "most common." Can we settle on "common?"
            "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
            sigpic
            The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
              The dreaded "flung dung" fire resistive coating...

Honestly, I don't know if I'd go "most common." Can we settle on "common?"
              The low bid fire resistive coating is made in China by Yew Flung Dung industries.
              ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
              Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X