X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIKEYLIKESIT
    replied
    Originally posted by Iessthename
    You know what doesn't make sense? Continued use of the word your instead of you're. You sound like a fool. If you're going to dish, please for the sake of all of us "professionals", learn to spell.

You know what else? Immature jackasses that don't know enough to keep their mouths shut. "Insert tacky queer comment". It doesn't matter if you are right or not, now you've just reduced yourself. Way to represent your department and the rest of us who know how to spell.
    Go back to Trollviille. YOU ARE A STROKE

Leave a comment:

• Acklan
    replied
    Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Maybe that's the union line, but I don't buy it. There are departments that could lay off career firefighters and provide the same fire protection with volunteers to the community at a far lower cost.
    Right. You mean like the following?

...With the demands of training firefighters, releasing all the volunteer units would free up about $3.6 million in costs related to the reserve program, he said. Kerr argues the changes are needed because the unreliability of some of the volunteer units.
    According to the report, reserve units were called to service 2,881 out of 76,339 calls from January to June. Of those calls, the reserve units responded to 44 percent and arrived at the scene 29 percent of the time.
    “Taxpayers are paying millions of dollars and not knowing if that engine is going to respond,” Kerr said.
    Though some stations show that they have a high response rate, others treat the program as a social club, Kerr said...

Leave a comment:

• ThNozzleman
    replied
    Maybe that's the union line, but I don't buy it. There are departments that could lay off career firefighters and provide the same fire protection with volunteers to the community at a far lower cost.
    Absolute bull*****.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Wow... he corrects grammar just like Crowbarboy. Poorly.

Hmm... love it. Crowbar boy or Crow barboy.

Works either way.

Leave a comment:

• MemphisE34a
    replied
    Wow am I having a bad day. Memphis, I apologize for hiding behind an anonymous screen name and saying your a jackass. Man do I look like a P R I C K.
    No problem. We all have bad days. By the way, as you pointed out, it's you're.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyChiefGonzo
    replied
    You know what doesn't make sense? Continued use of the word your instead of you're. You sound like a fool. If you're going to dish, please for the sake of all of us "professionals", learn to spell.

You know what else? Immature jackasses that don't know enough to keep their mouths shut. "Insert tacky queer comment". It doesn't matter if you are right or not, now you've just reduced yourself. Way to represent your department and the rest of us who know how to spell.
    Okay, Professor Higgins.... let us look at your sentence in the quote above:
    Continued use of the word your instead of you're
    That is an improper and incomplete sentence, as is this one:
    Way to represent your department and the rest of us who know how to spell.
    This little gem is from your post on the North Dallas EMT thread:
    yea, i think u can do that
    Let us look at your own grammar and spelling in the statement you made in that thread. The word "you" isn't spelled by just the letter "u".

As a matter of fact, you have a problem with the capitalization of the first word in just about every one of your sentences based upon searching your posts.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.
    Last edited by DeputyChiefGonzo; 09-27-2010, 11:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MemphisE34a
    replied

Yep, you're right, but so was I.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Originally posted by MemphisE34a View Post
    Elm Grove?

If you pay attention, the fire department is nearly always the last paid service in any town or city. That is the part that I don't get. When quite possibly one of the most dangerous and costly events in someones life occurs, why is that person and their government okay with saying a scattered volunteer firefighting force can be assembled from all over town, maybe, and they will do the best they can. Keep in mind now, that a paid police officer in the same town will pull you over and issue you a ticket for not wearing your seat belt in your own private automobile in the name os safety.

Why not the elected officials that scream the fireman ate a drain on the budget? How many of them are volunteering their time. Why not their secretaries? Why not the road crew, the carpenters, the mechanics, HR, legal, utility workers, etc.

The only people in America that are still expected to volunteer are fireman. I occasionally volunteer in a rural Mississippi county that has every other aspect of government with paid employees. Even though there are still rural areas, it is a very populated county and is in fact one of the fastest growing counties in America. Every year an appeal is made for the County to employ some paid firefighters for some of the 10 volunteer departments in the County. Every year the Board of Supervisors says there is no money and every year, every other aspect of County government gets bigger, especially the Sheriff's department.

These reasons, and many more are why when a Mayor decides he is going to eliminate the entire paid firefighting force or a guy in IL says to firefighter are "street people" and to fire a firefighter a month and watch him lose his house, his wife leave him, and his dog die is why so many of us get ****ed off when we see or hear these kinds of action. It should **** off volunteers off as well! If a guy getting paid to risk his life to protect citizens and their property from fire is a "street person", what do you think this Board will think of someone who did it for free??

It should **** you off as well, but you probably think the guy is a hero. Unfortuantely, for your wife and kids, I hope that even you don't get fired as the result of some stupid, pencil pushing bureaucrat who has absolutely no idea what he is talking about even though you deserve it for a lot of things that you have said and clain to believe in. I really home that a lot of you is schtick, just stirring people up on a website. Quite frankly if you really believe in some of the things you posted, like driving by a screaming child inside a car on fire because it's "not your problem", you don't even deserve to be breathing my air.

Lastly, you are aware that you could quit posting here and perhaps be more appreciated posting on a board for The League of Cities, or Mayors, or Tri-Data.....
    And does ANY THINKING FF here think that SAME Council wouldn't CUT a Volunteers funding line JUST AS QUICK? Because they would in a HEARTBEAT. Fought that battle HERE for years. We always get what we NEED but NOT without fighting for it. To Cut EXISTING CAREER staff is just plain STUPID. I know of VERY few career outfits I would deem to be OVESTAFFED. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• MemphisE34a
    replied
    Neither one.

Just for the record we currently have 5 paid members- 2 adminstrative and 3 line.

We will be hiring 3 additional line by the end of the year.
    Elm Grove?

If you pay attention, the fire department is nearly always the last paid service in any town or city. That is the part that I don't get. When quite possibly one of the most dangerous and costly events in someones life occurs, why is that person and their government okay with saying a scattered volunteer firefighting force can be assembled from all over town, maybe, and they will do the best they can. Keep in mind now, that a paid police officer in the same town will pull you over and issue you a ticket for not wearing your seat belt in your own private automobile in the name os safety.

Why not the elected officials that scream the fireman ate a drain on the budget? How many of them are volunteering their time. Why not their secretaries? Why not the road crew, the carpenters, the mechanics, HR, legal, utility workers, etc.

The only people in America that are still expected to volunteer are fireman. I occasionally volunteer in a rural Mississippi county that has every other aspect of government with paid employees. Even though there are still rural areas, it is a very populated county and is in fact one of the fastest growing counties in America. Every year an appeal is made for the County to employ some paid firefighters for some of the 10 volunteer departments in the County. Every year the Board of Supervisors says there is no money and every year, every other aspect of County government gets bigger, especially the Sheriff's department.

These reasons, and many more are why when a Mayor decides he is going to eliminate the entire paid firefighting force or a guy in IL says to firefighter are "street people" and to fire a firefighter a month and watch him lose his house, his wife leave him, and his dog die is why so many of us get ****ed off when we see or hear these kinds of action. It should **** off volunteers off as well! If a guy getting paid to risk his life to protect citizens and their property from fire is a "street person", what do you think this Board will think of someone who did it for free??

It should **** you off as well, but you probably think the guy is a hero. Unfortuantely, for your wife and kids, I hope that even you don't get fired as the result of some stupid, pencil pushing bureaucrat who has absolutely no idea what he is talking about even though you deserve it for a lot of things that you have said and clain to believe in. I really home that a lot of you is schtick, just stirring people up on a website. Quite frankly if you really believe in some of the things you posted, like driving by a screaming child inside a car on fire because it's "not your problem", you don't even deserve to be breathing my air.

Lastly, you are aware that you could quit posting here and perhaps be more appreciated posting on a board for The League of Cities, or Mayors, or Tri-Data.....
    Last edited by MemphisE34a; 09-27-2010, 10:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    Neither one.

Just for the record we currently have 5 paid members- 2 adminstrative and 3 line.

Obviously someone at a higher pay grade than YOU sees the need for paid personnel. Whether YOU like it or not. Funny thing is if I were your chief I would be having a little sit down with you. We would be discussing things like strategic planning, where we see the department going in terms of needs analysis and personnel. I would end the conversation with with this little gem..."So Bobby are you happy here in your job? Why do I ask? Because frankly I am tired of you undermining MY decisions on the world wide web. I am the Chief and YOU work for me. If you are that unhappy with how I am running the department maybe it is time for you to move on." I would have done that years ago with you. You are a back stabbing hypocrite. You took a paid job there all the while ****ing and moaning about the paid staff already there. You claim over and over it could all be done with volunteers, yet there you are collecting a paycheck. You can't see what an absolute *** you have made of yourself over and over and over on this topic.

You don't want anyone to question or criticize the bizarre operations of the Bossier parrish fire department, yet you NEVER miss a chance to criticize, malign, belittle, judge, and tear down other fire departments. You jump on LODD's like they are a ride at the fair, you attack paid firefighters everywhere, you presume to know what is better for other communities while telling all of us we don't know Bossier Parrish. Which by the way I am grateful for, because my first task if I were there would be to expose you for the absolute hypocritical fraud you are.

Quid pro quo, Bobby, you want people to shut up about your insignificant little corner of the world shut up about ours. It is really that simple. The only reason anyone pays one lick of attention to you is just to make your idiotic ramblings look stupid over and over. You make it so easy.

Oh, have a nice day posting online and drawing a paycheck. Seems like a gravy gig for a hater like you.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 09-27-2010, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyChiefGonzo
    replied
    Neither one.

Which you in past posts totally disagree with.

I will again use the example of a small city in our area that has 5 men per shift, and runs no EMS and only responds to 500 calls per year. Does that community truly need 15 career personnel for that call load? Honestly.
    Apparently, they care about their safety and property values and made that choice.

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    Originally posted by Acklan View Post
    Ignore him. He is an elitist. He hates career fire fighters while he himself is full time with full benefits. He is one of the "Do not do as I do, do as I say do.". He looks down his nose, with disgust, at the undeserving. How dare we draw a pay check doing a job we love to feed our families.

LaFireEducator are you receiving state supplemental pay?
    Yes, I am. And that is important how?

Again, because I'm a paid firefighter I should support paid firefighter's everywhere?

Again, I don't hate career personnel but I strongly beleive they should only be used in areas where a volunteer system is impractical due to density, call volume or specific highly technical or specialized training needs, such as refineries or industrial situations. Volunteer and call personnel should be preferred choice in other areas simply due to the cost efficiency of such systems. I guess if that makes me a hater, so be it.

Just because I have a job, I should always side with career staffing even though there are places where volunteer could easily do the job?

I will again use the example of a small city in our area that has 5 men per shift, and runs no EMS and only responds to 500 calls per year. Does that community truly need 15 career personnel for that call load? Honestly.

Obviously you beleive that career should support career. I don't. In these times, communities often have to make choices, and yes, the fire service has a history of providing services through volunteers, and doing so can be reasonably accomplished in many small and even medium sized communities. Other city services often cannot be provided in such a way and require full-time often specially trained or college educated staffing. That's an unfortunate fact.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 09-27-2010, 08:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    Originally posted by MemphisE34a View Post
    What's ironic is that your so called fire department employs you as one of it's 2 employees.

Hey, let's hire the asshat that publicly states that a trapped kid in a burning car isn't "his problem".

And just for the record, just which fire department are you associated with? Is it Benton or Haughton?
    Neither one.

Last edited by LaFireEducator; 09-27-2010, 08:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MemphisE34a
    replied
    Heavens forbid that a city decides to go a different direction with it's fire protection.

How dare the city not provide firefighters with a job!
    What's ironic is that your so called fire department employs you as one of it's 2 employees.

Hey, let's hire the asshat that publicly states that a trapped kid in a burning car isn't "his problem".

And just for the record, just which fire department are you associated with? Is it Benton or Haughton?
    Last edited by MemphisE34a; 09-26-2010, 11:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MIKEYLIKESIT
    replied
    Louisiana Fireducker is a disgrace to paid and volunteer firefighters the world over. A phony and a hypocrite. Beer Bong is just an idiot.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X