Front page pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front page pic

From the front page of Firehouse.com....
    Attached Files

And your point is.......

I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

I don't know. Maybe I'm on my own on this one. I thought it was obvious.

Comment

He's probably referring to the vests over the SCBA, something that is clearly exempted by the CFR, and honestly, seems like it would get in the way to me (and I'm very much a vest proponent).
        Career Fire Captain
        Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by CustomShields View Post
          No, I'm with you. Some people just can't see anything but absolutes.

Comment

I'm guessing their being extra safe since there doesn't appear to be any fire showing.

Comment

Originally posted by CustomShields View Post
              I wondered too. It's one of those things that make you go, "Hmmmm".

Comment

Looks like an 18wheeler on it's side
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Maybe I don't understand the issue, but again I'm not at that scene and do not have the right to armchair quarterback.

I can't think of a situation where my crew is wearing SCBA and traffic would be driving by in the adjacent lane. So label me puzzled by this one.

If the IC says put on a vest, then you put on a vest.
                  HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Please explain the issue. I will reserve comment until then.
                    Jason Knecht
                    Firefighter/EMT
                    Township Fire Dept., Inc.
                    Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
                    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
                    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

Maybe they have one of those Chiefs that only deals in absolutes, such as:

"Vests will be worn at every incident on a street"

and

"SCBA will be worn at every incident that involves Hazmat"

And if both situations apply, then you have to look like an idiot.
                      "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I don't know Marcus... they seem too busy to worry about looking like idiots.

Other than the fact that the vest are twisted and not worn properly, they do get points for commitment.

I do appreciate your ability to find the humor in it. You never know, it may become the next fashion craze.

Comment

Originally posted by PaladinKnight View Post
                          I don't know Marcus... they seem too busy to worry about looking like idiots.

Other than the fact that the vest are twisted and not worn properly, they do get points for commitment.

I do appreciate your ability to find the humor in it. You never know, it may become the next fashion craze.
                          Based on the way the vests are worn I could also see the following scenario being possible:

After being on scene for a short while, doing what they are doing, a chief showed up. At this point maybe they realized "Crap, we are not wearing our vest, get it on, get it on, get it on!!!!!!!" resulting in the demonstrated doning technique.

I know something like that has never happened to me
                          "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

oh yea, oh yea.... the voice of experience hath spoken...

Comment

Based on the way the vests are worn I could also see the following scenario being possible:

After being on scene for a short while, doing what they are doing, a chief showed up. At this point maybe they realized "Crap, we are not wearing our vest, get it on, get it on, get it on!!!!!!!" resulting in the demonstrated doning technique.

Based on the other pics in the same article that isnt the case....others are wearing them under there SCBA!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X