Weirdest call you've got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odor of smoke.... 2nd flr apt.

nothing found when we got there during a 15 minute investigation. looking witht the tic the owner asked what the tic showed so we showed here the heat signitures on the wall outlet and the power strip for the computer. oh! ahhhhh! she then was asked if she noticed the smell at all when using her computer. she replied.....

"no that should be good, i am not afraid of issues with the computer. it is firewall protected".

"good night ma'am" and we left as quickly as possible without saying a word.
    Originally Posted by madden01
    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Comment

we got a call not to long ago, at my old department for a "lifealert alarm" for an elderly woman. when had gotten to the house to find the woman standing on her front porch holding bags from the market. she said she had just gotten home from the store and and left her keys in her car, unlocked, but was to tired to set the bags down and go to the car to gets the cars.

Comment

Originally posted by AirForceFirefighter View Post
        we got a call not to long ago, at my old department for a "lifealert alarm" for an elderly woman. when had gotten to the house to find the woman standing on her front porch holding bags from the market. she said she had just gotten home from the store and and left her keys in her car, unlocked, but was to tired to set the bags down and go to the car to gets the cars.
        go to the car to get the keys**

Comment

Originally posted by AirForceFirefighter View Post
          go to the car to get the keys**
          Welcome to the forums AFFF. You can simply click the edit button near bottom right of your post to make any changes. No need to repost.
          Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

Yep!!...........

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
            And in that 1/4 mile (of completely closed streets), I have no doubt that every piece of apparatus had all five of their sirens (each) on full power.

Led by the Powercall Fan Club.........
            Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
            In memory of
            Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
            Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by Firefighter 21 View Post
              ...and then there was one for a snake in a house..... like wtf are we gonna do about that?
              CO2 extinguishers for everyone!
              Real fun when the den is full of collectible china and the lady of the house realizes that something's gonna get knocked over by one of those galoots wearing bunker pants and heavy boots.
              The weirdest call my old volunteer department ever got has to be when there was a foot of snow on the ground and we get tapped out at 0230 for a "Thirty four year old woman reporting a lump in her breast..."
              You could hear people getting up groaning at the stupidity of some folks when my station's Captain came up on his two way responding "Central,tell this woman to go see her damn doctor in the morning.We are NOT responding to anything but fire calls to that address tonight.Now,get off the house telephone so I can call y'all back on this..."
              Personally,I went back to bed laughing and a few days later when some of us gathered at the station to clean up inside,of course we speculated on what that woman had been doing at 0230 to find a lump in her breasteses.

Comment

We had a call for an "Unconcious 18 year old female..." where half the department's 21 y/o and younger members(no pun intended) almost killed themselves responding to the scene hoping that she was a hottie.
                I was the only one that showed up in an official FD vehicle just as the local ambulance did.Both vehicles had to maneuver around all the POVs on scene.
                Originally posted by FireMedic049 View Post
                On the "weird" dispatch front.......

A nearby town's FD was dispatched for some shrubbery that was on fire. The dispatcher announced the call literally as "women states her bush is on fire and would like someone to come check it out".

Comment

Dennis Smith oughta ask for weird call stories and title the book, "I swear,You Can't Make this Sh** Up!"
                  [QUOTE=PaladinKnight;1199329]...
                  Isn't it funny that real life is so much more interesting than fiction? You just can't make some of this stuff up.....

QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by len1582 View Post
                    Bad call to be the junior man and have to do the holding...

"Double B.S.I.!Scene Safe!"

Comment

Originally posted by doughesson View Post
                      We had a call for an "Unconcious 18 year old female..." where half the department's 21 y/o and younger members(no pun intended) almost killed themselves responding to the scene hoping that she was a hottie.
                      I was the only one that showed up in an official FD vehicle just as the local ambulance did.Both vehicles had to maneuver around all the POVs on scene.
                      Been there done that! Both as the annoying POV and as the annoyed apparatus driver.
                      Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

thanks!

we had another call a few days ago. police and ems were called out. the dispatched said "23 yo male, intoxicated, uh. its complicated, time out 21XX"

as it turns out, it wasnt exciting. the antisipation of 'what could it be' was exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
                          Led by the Powercall Fan Club.........
                          I've got the only powercall that I know of in this area of Ohio at least and people are like WTF is that noise?!? Haha It works great because since people aren't used to the different siren noise, they actually move!
                          ------------------------------------
                          These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                          ------------------------------------

Comment

Well...........

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
                            I've got the only powercall that I know of in this area of Ohio at least and people are like WTF is that noise?!? Haha It works great because since people aren't used to the different siren noise, they actually move!
                            Try running a Powercall on "Yelp", and a Whelen Magnum on "Wail", with an intermittent shot from the "Q2b" on the same apparatus at the same time......... Sounds like the whole Box Alarm coming but only one Engine pulls up.........
                            Last edited by hwoods; 09-17-2010, 11:12 PM.
                            Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                            In memory of
                            Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                            Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

had this since i've been dispatching and didnt actually get to respond...

had an old lady call in screaming there had been an accident so i get the location and put in the call and sent it (vehicle accident with injuries) b/c nobody says accident unless its traffic related (except this one time...) and i start trying to find out what happened "was it a car accident, an atv accident, what exactly happened" then she starts saying she thinks he fell... "ma'am can you go down to where it happened" so she runs down to what i found out was a barn, and she starts screaming bloody murder about there being so much blood and she didnt have any idea what happened etc... so i tell her to put her husband on the phone he also tells me that he thinks he fell, but there is a table saw running and there is a ton of blood and he doesnt know where it was coming from and didnt want to touch him to find out. so i finish EMD'ing it and let it roll...

come to find out when PD gets there the guy tried to kill himself by putting his face in the table saw and got kicked back off it and was lucid for interview before transport...

that was the weirdest thing i've taken so far... nothing to interesting in crash fire rescue from my ff days though...

Comment

come to find out when PD gets there the guy tried to kill himself by putting his face in the table saw and got kicked back off it and was lucid for interview before transport...
                                That's a desperate individual... I don't think marriage is that bad.....
                                "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X