Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weirdest call you've got?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weirdest call you've got?

    Post what the weirdest call's yall have gotten/responded to.


    For me, probably getting called for a bat in the house, and then there was one for a snake in a house..... like wtf are we gonna do about that?

  • #2
    I heard a local ambulance deputy chief tell me that he recently responded to a call for a man needing a ChapStick.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FireRescue61 View Post
      I heard a local ambulance deputy chief tell me that he recently responded to a call for a man needing a ChapStick.

      hhahahahahha

      Comment


      • #4
        Late one night we got paged out to a "rolling van fire". I mean WTF, they don't notice it's on fire? WE never found it either. I think someone might have been toking on the pipe too much, haha.

        Comment


        • #5
          Visited a local paid FD recently and one of their stations had just been on "rescue bird (pet) from tree".

          Throw a cat into the tree would be my plan A.

          Comment


          • #6
            Had a drunk guy try and smoke a pencil... he was trying to light it with a pair of fingernail clippers

            Comment


            • #7
              Bird Call....

              When I was still on probation at my current Department, we got called to a Public Service/Assist for one of the "Heavy Brass" on Post. The family's parakeet had gotten outside and was sitting on a power line on a pole. With much reluctance we laddered the pole and "shooed" the bird off the line. Maybe a minute or so of the parakeet taking flight around the house, a local Red-tailed Hawk swooped down and carried the parakeet off..... We comforted the family while on scene and I'll admit it, I rolled when I got back into the Engine....

              Dunno, if it was very sensitive but I heard the "Circle of Life" song from the Lion King cartoon.....
              "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

              Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

              Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

              Comment


              • #8
                Hemorrhoid Call.....

                Had a really embarrassing hemorrhoid call also.....

                At my last Department, I was going to try and get into Medic School. To help me with assessments I begged my FF/PM to let me do the Pt. Care/Assessments. My 1st call was a M/A (Possible Rectal Bleeding).

                At the time I was in my early to mid 20's and came from a pretty busy Rural Station. What we found I'll describe this way: Mid 40's, male, pile of pillows, exposed for all to see, blood on the bed sheets and a black rubber male organ. Apparently, he had recently been "Roto Rooted" (not my wording his wife's) and they're pleasure time got outta hand.

                I tried to ask the appropriate questions but lost it when the wife went into the deep details of what happened. Trying to be professional, I asked the FF/PM to take over the questioning and went outside to re-compose myself.....
                "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

                Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

                Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Another Weird Call.....

                  My wife just reminded me of this one.....

                  My wife was an EMT, now an RN and she reminded me about a call she went on with us while she was doing her Ride-Outs. She was short on her EMT Contacts so we got the Ok for her to do extra Ride-Outs with us.

                  We got called to a M/A (Possible Assault). As we arrived on scene we found a male Pt. that was bleeding from his mouth and nose and had bruising on his face and around his eyes. There was also a strong smell of possible marijuana. P.D. was on scene prior to us and was doing their investigation. We performed our Assessment, started our Pt. Care and placed the Pt. into C-Spine Precautions.

                  Once the Pt. was loaded into the Ambulance the P.D. Sgt. came over to us and asked if we could help locate the source of the smoke. Upon our investigation, we found a "Sex Room" with a swing (think Tommy Lee), a S.M. Suit, rubber/glass/plastic male organs, anal beads, butt plugs, handcuffs and various vibrators. When we were done "ooooing" and "awwwing" we lost it laughing. My C.O. at the time said the Pt. was his "hero."
                  "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

                  Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

                  Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mikeyboy View Post
                    My wife just reminded me of this one.....

                    My wife was an EMT, now an RN and she reminded me about a call she went on with us while she was doing her Ride-Outs. She was short on her EMT Contacts so we got the Ok for her to do extra Ride-Outs with us.

                    We got called to a M/A (Possible Assault). As we arrived on scene we found a male Pt. that was bleeding from his mouth and nose and had bruising on his face and around his eyes. There was also a strong smell of possible marijuana. P.D. was on scene prior to us and was doing their investigation. We performed our Assessment, started our Pt. Care and placed the Pt. into C-Spine Precautions.

                    Once the Pt. was loaded into the Ambulance the P.D. Sgt. came over to us and asked if we could help locate the source of the smoke. Upon our investigation, we found a "Sex Room" with a swing (think Tommy Lee), a S.M. Suit, rubber/glass/plastic male organs, anal beads, butt plugs, handcuffs and various vibrators. When we were done "ooooing" and "awwwing" we lost it laughing. My C.O. at the time said the Pt. was his "hero."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't know if I'd label either as the "weirdest" call, but..........

                      We had a power surge at the station one day. Shortly afterwards we were dispatched on a "transformer fire" a couple of blocks down the street. Upon arrival we found a squirrel laying at the base of the pole DOA with most of his hair burned off and slightly crispy.


                      We had a call a few months ago dispatched as something along the lines of a "smell of smoke" call, but with the qualifying information of "smell of crack burning". I was immediately puzzled/curious since the location was not an apartment building and thought it to be odd for someone to call the FD for the "smell of crack burning" inside their own house considering that the PD would be coming too. Ends up being an old lady (long time resident of the street) complaining about the "crackhead" neighbors two houses up the street.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Done the bat-in-a-house call. The PD said "WTF am I gonna do, lets call the FD, they can fix everything!". So me and three others went down and improvised. All in full gear, armed with tennis rackets and salvage covers. Must have looked totally asinine but we did capture and release the intruder. While the PD and the homeowners hid in their cars.

                        Done the vehicle fire pursuit.... along with the 5 miles of brush fires it left along the side of the road. 18 wheeler, trailer was on fire, driver didn't notice until he was surrounded by police cars and firetrucks. And smoke.

                        EMS call for an ingrown toenail. I think this one was the tipping point in modifying dispatch and response calls to include non-emergency response modes.

                        Neighboring town was dispatched to, and I quote, "An elderly female that accidentally used her vagina cream as toothpaste."
                        Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I got you all beat. Back int the 70's (a little before my time) we were dispatched for a Monkey in a tree. Apparently someone had a pet monkey that climbed the tree in their front yard. The FF's set a ladder to go up and get it and the guy on top of the ladder got attacked by the monkey. They proceeded to pick their equipment and leave pronto.

                          My brother when he was a FF in New Mexico (outside Alburqurqe) woke one morning to find a bear sleeping in his driveway behind his car. He called 911 and the dispatcher told him that she would send the Fire Department. He promptly told her "lady, I am the F#$(ING Fire Department. Send me a cop to shoot the freaking bear!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Yankee750 View Post
                            I got you all beat. Back int the 70's (a little before my time) we were dispatched for a Monkey in a tree. Apparently someone had a pet monkey that climbed the tree in their front yard. The FF's set a ladder to go up and get it and the guy on top of the ladder got attacked by the monkey. They proceeded to pick their equipment and leave pronto.

                            My brother when he was a FF in New Mexico (outside Alburqurqe) woke one morning to find a bear sleeping in his driveway behind his car. He called 911 and the dispatcher told him that she would send the Fire Department. He promptly told her "lady, I am the F#$(ING Fire Department. Send me a cop to shoot the freaking bear!!
                            I think the sex room guy beats this one, sorry LOLOLOLOLOL
                            September 11th - Never Forget

                            I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

                            Sheri
                            IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                            Honorary Flatlander

                            RAY WAS HERE FIRST

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Rug.....

                              I'd a had me a nice bear rug.....
                              "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

                              Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

                              Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X