Hose Hook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hose Hook?

Can anyone make a suggestion on where to purchase a "hose hook" from?

By hose hook, I mean one of those solid piece metal hooks that you can use to hoof 2 1/2" hose? The hook is slightly larger then a filled 2 1/2" and gives you a place to grip. When you need to move the hose, you can slide the hook down the hose and pull. It can also be used for various tech rescue applications. I saw a video of one a couple years ago, and I found the patent for it, but I haven't found a (reputable) dealer yet.

Thanks.

Try useing the tool bars

http://cms.firehouse.com/shop/fire.jsp

The fire store is a big sponser try useing them they help keep the fourms free.

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/ca...gn=channellock

Comment

a hose strap

Comment

Or webbing.
        Career Firefighter
        Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
        I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

The "Bow Ring"?

Comment

its actually a Bat'leth

Comment

Thry this...

www.nicolhosehook.com
              Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Huh............learn something new everyday.............anyone using one ?
                IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Ya my hands.

Comment

I have yet to see one or two memnbers move a charged section or more of LDH, be it 4" or 5". It weighs just too much with that much H2O in it.

At best a compnay of 4 or more might move part of that hose.

The photo they show has to be an section filled with air!

Maybe the only thing you are going to pull is your nads out of place!!!!
                    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by FyrnResQ View Post
                      Can anyone make a suggestion on where to purchase a "hose hook" from?
                      Check out thebowring.com. When the hoseman on my shift got one, I thought it was a little whackerish and might be something sold by Billy Mays. I generally shy away from anything that "does the job of 12 different tools." However, we put it through it's paces once it was delivered and it was handy enough that it made my Christmas list in 2009. I now carry one with me.

It works very well as a hose tool and performs some dozen other tasks decent enough as well. It weighs about 22 ounces and my be the heaviest thing in my bunker pockets -- but I'm not one of the guys that carries an entire Snap-On truck in my pants. It is a near-perfect fit for my pocket. You can tell it was designed by firefighters... Which is another thing it has going for it. The guys selling the tool are actual firefighters and not just some people running a web site.
                      sigpic

Comment

Don't know if it is worth $124.00... I was ready to by one and try it out I even watched all the video's then I went to the order now page and I started laughing.

Comment

A 12 ft. piece of webbing works just fine, at least for me.
                          Jason Knecht
                          Firefighter/EMT
                          Township Fire Dept., Inc.
                          Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
                          http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
                          EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

Originally posted by giweff View Post
                            Don't know if it is worth $124.00... I was ready to by one and try it out I even watched all the video's then I went to the order now page and I started laughing.
                            Whoa. They must be trying to curb demand or the cost of materials has gone through the roof... I can't remember an exact price, but the Bowring did NOT cost triple-digits when Santa Claus ordered mine last year.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dickey View Post
                              A 12 ft. piece of webbing works just fine, at least for me.
                              i use 20 ft in a loop attached by a water knot wrapped in a rubber glove. works well here.
                              Originally Posted by madden01
                              "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X