Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pray for Detroit Firefighters hurt in wall collapse

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...t-firefighters

4 of these guys aren't out of the woods quite yet and one is reportedly paralyzed from the chest down. Prayers go out to our brothers in the D.

A**hole

Big surprise ARSON IN DETROIT. The ATF arrested a 19 year old today. He was a disgruntled customer of the cell phone store. His girlfriend turned him in for the reward money!
    Jerry Stewart
    Firefighter Engine Company No. 44
    Licensed Paramedic State of Michigan
    [email protected]
    (313) 732 7377
    Detroit Fire Department Local 344

Comment

any new news on how the brothers are doing?

Comment

From what I have heard from one of the firefighters at my department, the four who are still hospitalized will not work again. One is paralyzed, another has a crush pelvis, a third had to have a leg amputated, and the fourth is in a similar condition.

A couple days ago a firefighter in Flint got hurt in a fire. He was on the 2nd floor of a house when the floor collapsed. He had fallen onto the fire. The news said he had burns on 30% of his body. That night he was walking around the hospital. They also said "He was up and walking around, which is good because his wife is 8 months pregnant".

Lets keep all of our fallen and injured brothers and sisters in our thoughts, as well as keeping ourselves and co-workers safe.

Comment

See here. --->> http://www.detroitfirefighters.net/
          Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

There was no available EMS to treat and transport our Brothers, either. I wonder how much this affected their outcomes.

http://www.examiner.com/top-news-in-...nits-available

Edit: I'm assuming that this article is referring to the same incident.
            "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by thepaintwarrior View Post
              From what I have heard from one of the firefighters at my department, the four who are still hospitalized will not work again. One is paralyzed, another has a crush pelvis, a third had to have a leg amputated, and the fourth is in a similar condition.

A couple days ago a firefighter in Flint got hurt in a fire. He was on the 2nd floor of a house when the floor collapsed. He had fallen onto the fire. The news said he had burns on 30% of his body. That night he was walking around the hospital. They also said "He was up and walking around, which is good because his wife is 8 months pregnant".

Lets keep all of our fallen and injured brothers and sisters in our thoughts, as well as keeping ourselves and co-workers safe.
              The firefighter didn't lose his leg. Originally he didn't have blood flow to the leg and after the surgery he regained that blood flow. This is as far as I will go right now until the families decide it's the right time for the release of information to others outside the department. Please continue your prayers for the 4 FF's.
              Last edited by FireCapt1951retired; 08-18-2010, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Still praying for the brothers...hang in there!
                Last edited by Dickey; 08-21-2010, 12:11 AM.
                Jason Knecht
                Firefighter/EMT
                Township Fire Dept., Inc.
                Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
                http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
                EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

All four are still dealing with very serious issues and all four have more surgery to come.

Comment

DetroitFF , Thank you for the update. If possible please check in and advise on the status from time to time. I have them in my thoughts daily and look here for updates.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X