Ranger Fire Gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger Fire Gear?

Honeywell, the manufacturer of Morning Pride gear is now making Ranger fire gear, an off shoot of Morning Pride at a cheaper price.

Does anyone currently have this Ranger fire gear, and what do you think about it?

If you do, what size is your department, how many runs do you do, and how many of those runs are working fires?
    Chris Shields
    Lieutenant / EMT
    Haz-Mat Technician
    East Syracuse Fire Dept
    Onondaga County, NY

We've been using Ranger rubber boots for years, since our MP distributor also sells them. We have the top end structural ones and they are okay as far as rubber boots go. I haven't tried many brands, but I don't have any major complaints. Actually more comfortable than I expected.

We're around 130 FFs and have about 5,000 runs per year, about 80% of which are EMS. According to NFIRS, we have about 350 fires each year. But as for "real" working fires, we have about 30/yr.

Comment

Originally posted by zzyyzx View Post
      We've been using Ranger rubber boots for years, since our MP distributor also sells them. We have the top end structural ones and they are okay as far as rubber boots go. I haven't tried many brands, but I don't have any major complaints. Actually more comfortable than I expected.

We're around 130 FFs and have about 5,000 runs per year, about 80% of which are EMS. According to NFIRS, we have about 350 fires each year. But as for "real" working fires, we have about 30/yr.
      Cool but I'm not looking for information on boots, I'm looking for information on Ranger Fire Gear.
      Chris Shields
      Lieutenant / EMT
      Haz-Mat Technician
      East Syracuse Fire Dept
      Onondaga County, NY

Comment

Okay, didn't realize you only wanted info on their turn-outs. Good luck!

Comment

We are currently wear testing turnout gear from four manufacturers.

When we initially met with the Morning Pride Dealer a few months ago they just received their demo Ranger gear. So I'd say that there aren't enough sets in use yet for you to get a good answer.

Therefore, if you are still interested I would have to recommend a wear test prior to purchasing. If your department isn't big enough to get demo sets provided to you at no cost, then purchase only one or two sets for your guys to try out prior to outfitting your whole department in gear that you might not end up liking.
          I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
          "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
          -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X