Diamond Plate Dining Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond Plate Dining Table

I know this is a long shot, but.... A couple of years ago, I saw pictures of a new station (I think) that included a picture of a round kitchen table made of diamond plate. It had a thick clear coating and a maltese cross symbol across the top. It was obviously custom made. I can't find anything like it through internet searches and I've searched Fire Chief magazine, but came up empty. We are building a new station and I would love to find out who has the table or who might have made the table. Has anyone else seen this or know who has one? It was REALLY nice. You guys have always come through in the past, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

I remember E-one having some desks and furniture years ago. I dont know if they still do

Comment

Table

I know it's not round....but here's a nice one.
      Attached Files
      Respectfully,
      Jay Dudley
      Retired Fire
      Background Investigator
      IACOJ-Member
      Lifetime Member CSFA
      IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

Originally posted by dtruelove View Post
        I know this is a long shot, but.... A couple of years ago, I saw pictures of a new station (I think) that included a picture of a round kitchen table made of diamond plate. It had a thick clear coating and a maltese cross symbol across the top. It was obviously custom made. I can't find anything like it through internet searches and I've searched Fire Chief magazine, but came up empty. We are building a new station and I would love to find out who has the table or who might have made the table. Has anyone else seen this or know who has one? It was REALLY nice. You guys have always come through in the past, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

I think this is over in the off duty or buffs section. I know it has been in here before.
        Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

In Prince William County, VA, Nokesville VFD Station 25 has a huge aluminum table with a DA finish on it and the station logo also. It was made for them by Ferrara Fire Apparatus, as they run a host of FFA rigs.
          Career Fire Captain
          Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

I stayed in a station in Anne Arundel County with an aluminum table from E-One (I think). I don't recall if it was diamond plate or a swirl finish though.
            "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
            sigpic
            The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

I'd hazard a guess that a diamond plate table could be made with a poured clear acrylic top. I don't know if it's been done with diamond plate, but it has been done.

A key factor would be how well the acrylic bonds to the diamond plate, and how rigid the base is, so as not to flex the diamond plate and break that bond.

Another possibility would be a glass top over the diamond place, held up by spacers so the diamond plate doesn't scratch the glass. That way the glass can be removed so the diamond plate can be polished up if necessary.
              Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Thanks guys...I've contacted PWC & Anne Arundel County hoping to get pictures.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X