X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Leather Fire Helmet

Hi Everyone,

I'm reaching out in search of my Leather Cairns New Yorker, Black,that was stolen from New Hanover County in NC. It was last seen a few weeks ago in my locker. It has a distinguishing charecteristic that I and others can identify even if it is re-finished.
    As I said, it was black, should some wear but it had a new bourke eyeshiled that hadn't see any use. It may still have the carved look brass eagle on it too. The earflaps were yellow and it was an older helmet, late eighties, early nineties model.
    I know this describes a lot of helmets but you never know when someone is trying to unload one cheap, or just "Showed up" with a used leather helmet at their stations.

It may be up for sale, or may have been sold in or around the Raleigh, NC area. It is also possible that it has tunrned up or in the possesion of someone that is "between" volunteer fire departments within the state.

I really appreciate those of you who took the time to read this and would be most appreciative to have My helmet retuned to me.
    Any info can be PM'd or Emailed to me through this forum.

Thanks, Ryan

Your helmet got stolen from your locker INSIDE the firehouse?
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Yea,

Who'dathunkit? Right?

Comment

Sounds like an inside job...

I'd watch everything else you own in that Station.

Eventually the culprit will be caught.

Then.... tar and feather, tie to a rail (on the tracks) and wait for the 10:15.

Seriously.... file a police report if you haven't done so. The chance of getting it back is slim unless a true firefighter within these circles reads this and ends up with it.

Good Luck
        HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Police report has been filed.

It's a felony here too. I'm sure it was an inside job as well. I think it is someone that splits time between two departments. You know, someone that "Can't find a home".

Comment

I would pass the word around, post a sign on the bulletin board TODAY, saying that if the helmet isn't returned by tomorrow at 5 PM the police will be involved and charges will be pressed if the thief is caught.

No need to apologize for the harshness because in my mind there isn't much lower than a firehouse thief stealing from the Brothers and Sisters.

Frankly, a little firehouse justice with a pillow case full of Fels Naptha wouldn't be a bad idea either. Too bad you can't get away with that anymore.
            Crazy, but that's how it goes
            Millions of people living as foes
            Maybe it's not too late
            To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Keep your eye on the online auction sites and craigs list, too.
              "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Stolen

I'll be on the lookout for you as I've had stuff taken out of my locker and it ended up on E-Bay. I contacted the individual selling it and he returned it no questions. He had said he bought it at a swapmeet. You never know where it will show up...but it will.
                Respectfully,
                Jay Dudley
                Retired Fire
                Background Investigator
                IACOJ-Member
                Lifetime Member CSFA
                IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

thanks all.

Thanks everyone.
                  First. Ive been through all the channels. Police report was filed. Letter written at the FH. (Even though I called the ba$tard out on it).

Second, word is out in our area. It was the talk for a while but there were not many leads, only scuttlebutt.

Lastly, I just can't stand a thief in our business. If you can't trust someone in our work they need to go. No Questions asked. I'm actually a paid firefighter and this is a side gig. (not that it matters). But at work, my guys know that my locker is open anytime to anyone, anytime, to who needs it. Because it's a brotherhood. Someone may need a book, some ibuprofren, Hell, an extra shirt or some cash to get them through the day...It's the way it is.
                  This stuff just got under my skin.

The bottom line is that the person who took it may be "in between departments" on a regular basis. It is either being misrepresented as thiers or has been sold. (I check fleabay and craigs, daily). Mike Legeros on the Raleigh/Wake County board has also been kind enough to post about it as well.

Thanks again everyone.

Comment

You can only do so much to save the world my friend. You are more trusting than I am about sharing your stuff...

I don't mind someone asking, but I reserve the right to decide to help, or not to help. Face it... some guys cannot be helped no matter how much you try. But a thief, is a thief.

I hope you get the helmet back and find out who this gfnb is.
                    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Ryan, sent you a PM.

Comment

Thats pretty crazy if you cant even leave your own lid in your own locker. I'd take that debate right up to the city administration and discuss the kind of honest workers they are hiring.

Comment

Was your locker locked?
                          Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Will keep an eye for it up here in Pittsburgh

Comment

Thanks all

All the channels have been sought through.
                              Knight, your right. I do ask that people let me know they have/need something and some just can't be helped.

These lockers are in a gear storage room with open style wood lockers.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X