This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Why? It's not as if anyone isn't going to connect old and new usernames. It beats having to get moderator assistance to change or update a username.
    Because even though it is convenient to those of us who aren't abusive jerks, it is just as convenient to those who are.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Why? It's not as if anyone isn't going to connect old and new usernames. It beats having to get moderator assistance to change or update a username.
      It can give a Troll some extra time by changing his name and avatar.
      "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
        Because even though it is convenient to those of us who aren't abusive jerks, it is just as convenient to those who are.
        "A rose is a rose. By any other name..."

A jerk with a new username is still the same jerk. Seriously, who cares?
        "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
        sigpic
        The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcusKspn View Post
          It can give a Troll some extra time by changing his name and avatar.
          A new name and avatar doesn't fool the "ignore" function.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
            Okay... channeling Curley Howard of the Three Stooges..
            Nuck nuck nuck !
            IACOJ Membership 2002
            {15}

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

Comment

Originally posted by Acklan View Post
              Be careful or you will be stuck with ScareCrow in your handle.

Or LaFireEducator !!
              Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

A jerk with a new username is still the same jerk. Seriously, who cares?
                Hey, leave me out of this...
                Just a typical moronic, childish, idiotic munchkin.

Comment

DM, thanks for the location, I didn't want to start a new act due to a promotion. LOL
                  Am I being effective in my efforts or am I merely showing up in my fireman costume to watch a house burn down?” (Joe Brown, www.justlookingbusy.wordpress.com)

Comment

And now a thread simply deleted by the WebTeam, without any explanation. This place is getting worse by the day...
                    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

And now a thread simply deleted by the WebTeam, without any explanation. This place is getting worse by the day...
                      I can probably guess, but which one?
                      sigpic

Comment

I can probably guess, but which one?
                        Ding Dong...

Comment

Not surprising nor unexpected. If anything, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. No great loss.
                          sigpic

Comment

Not surprising nor unexpected. If anything, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. No great loss.
                            They could have locked it with the standard copy-paste explanation, or moved it to another section.

Simply erasing and pretending it never existed, and not giving any info about why it was erased, is bull.

This board could really use some actual moderation by people who have some experience with this sort of medium.

Comment

They could have locked it with the standard copy-paste explanation, or moved it to another section.
                              This board could really use some actual moderation by people who have some experience with this sort of medium.
                              Small problem. As I recall, it contained several posts that could be considered libelous. The whole thread was, after all, a gratuitous troll against you-know-who. Personally, I would have nipped it in the bud after the first post.

I don't always agree with the moderation style here but I've seen far worse. If they made a mistake with that thread it was allowing it to grow at all in the first place.

Frankly, it's their board, they're entitled to run it however they please. Nothing they do is going to make everyone happy. FH, like most fora, is a "Pedal Democracy." Every single user has the option to vote with their feet.
                              sigpic

Comment

Webteam Response

All,

The threads were simply moved to another location that is not open to all members and therefore without a redirect link. We wanted to give all the opportunity to vent so we could move on with what is important here - Firefighting and Firefighters.

Our process was not meant to anger or upset anyone but we wanted to allow members to respond without our interference. At this point, we are hoping all can move on and get back to what we are all about - Firefighting.

With that, we are closing this thread.

Firehouse Web Manager

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...