This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another question for the web team...

Since when are members allowed to change their screen names?

FirefighterBo is now JasperPup.

I thought that was "verbotten".
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Since when are members allowed to change their screen names?
    I haven't attempted to change mine but it's right there in the User CP. Presumably it wouldn't be accessible if you weren't allowed to change it.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
    sigpic
    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Maybe he got married and decided to take on his wife's last name versus the other way around. (LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
        I haven't attempted to change mine but it's right there in the User CP. Presumably it wouldn't be accessible if you weren't allowed to change it.
        That must be fairly new. When I got promoted from LT. to Captain, I asked if he WT could change my screen name. They said I would have to reregister... but the that was 10 years ago...
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

DM.. Where in the user CP is it? I couldn't find it.
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
            DM.. Where in the user CP is it? I couldn't find it.
            User CP | Edit Your Details | Edit Password and other Account settings here | Edit Account Settings | Username

I used to admin a vBulletin forum. Otherwise I'm not sure I would have found it.
            sigpic

Comment

Thank you.
              Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

It works......
                IACOJ Membership 2002
                {15}

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

Comment

Wow that's a stupid setting to leave open. I liked nmfire but I could have some fun with this option until they lock it down.
                  Last edited by Ban ScareCrow Please; 07-21-2010, 10:54 PM.
                  Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ban ScareCrow Please View Post
                    Wow that's a stupid setting to leave open. I liked nmfire but I could have some with this option until they lock it down.
                    Be careful or you will be stuck with ScareCrow in your handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ban ScareCrow Please View Post
                      Wow that's a stupid setting to leave open. I liked nmfire but I could have some fun with this option until they lock it down.
                      HA! I like it.
                      Career Fire Captain
                      Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Acklan View Post
                        Be careful or you will be stuck with ScareCrow in your handle.
                        Good point. Changed it back. Not that I actually expect them to do anything about this setting. But if they fix it by accident, I don't want to be stuck with it.
                        Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
                          Wow that's a stupid setting to leave open.
                          Why? It's not as if anyone isn't going to connect old and new usernames. It beats having to get moderator assistance to change or update a username.
                          sigpic

Comment

We gotta look out for each other.

Comment

Okay... channeling Curley Howard of the Three Stooges..
                              Hey Moe... It woiked!
                              Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X